Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time for me to sell my Exec. Wife can no longer ride, so I've just been using it to commute 20 minutes each way to work and only on sunny days. No so many of those in Oregon.

I'm including the URL link to my Craigslist ad. I'm pretty confident there is not another Burgman in the country as completely outfitted for touring and, of course, works just fine for the commute, as well. Price is high, if it was just the scoot, probably twice what I would ask if it was just stock, with perhaps the Givi trunk. Accessories and add-ons, however, are about one-fourth of original cost. Overall, I feel it's priced very fairly, but realize it will only appeal to those riders wanting to put some serious miles on their scoot.

Check out the link and call me, if you'd like to take a look/ride. http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/mcy/4510576705.html

Thanks --

Steve

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Steve that sounds like a nice scooter but to say "I'm pretty confident there is not another Burgman in the country as completely outfitted for touring" is a bold statement. There's always something out there. This is not my scooter but it's definitely setup for touring. :p

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Ya, its not that uncommon. Got a friend with the same tri-Givi bag set up, trailer, etc, too. Boys and their toys.

These package deals are hard to make cause you need to find someone with the same taste, clothes & helmet size and needs of the seller, and who wants all that stuff. Usually when a buyer is at that level, they already have gear and a good idea of what they want. You might want to consider breaking up the package and selling individual items.

But you never know, you might find someone willing to buy the whole lot and resale the items to make a profit. The Reaper (BUSA member) comes to mind for some reason.

But good luck. Hope it sells fast.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Ya, its not that uncommon. Got a friend with the same tri-Givi bag set up, trailer, etc, too. Boys and their toys.

These package deals are hard to make cause you need to find someone with the same taste, clothes & helmet size and needs of the seller, and who wants all that stuff. Usually when a buyer is at that level, they already have gear and a good idea of what they want. You might want to consider breaking up the package and selling individual items.

But you never know, you might find someone willing to buy the whole lot and resale the items to make a profit. The Reaper (BUSA member) comes to mind for some reason.

But good luck. Hope it sells fast.
:D:D:D I've already done the math on this one . TheReaper!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Steve,

I actually saw your add earlier today on CL. I am in Keizer as well and may be interested. Maybe not in all, kinda depends on sizing huh! I at least should come meet you and pick your brain about cross country touring and check out the ensemble! Hard not to when in the same town ....

I'll send you a PM and if I don't hear from you I'll try your CL add in a few days. Good luck on the sale regardless :)

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your replies and thoughts, guys. Of course, everyone has their own opinion, but I'll stand by my statement on the touring setup. Lots of luggage and some trailers out there, not so many (if any) with both the suspension upgrade and true cruise control. That's MY opinion! :)

Also, naturally, if someone can't use the gear due to size issues, price can be negotiated on that basis and, as has been suggested, I can sell that gear separately.

If the scoot sells above my "I'll keep it for that" price, fine. If not, although I don't get to take the tours, these days, it's still a blast to ride and I'll continue to enjoy it, when I can.

As always, ride safe --

Steve

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
You should send him a message. Odds are he sold it.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts