Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Burgman 400 and need help what is the correct way to remove the air cleaner cover? I replaced the air cleaner and need to clean the filter. The only thing I remember about how to do it is it was a pain in the butt the first time and I think it fell back into place by accident. The frame has a across member to keep the cover from coming up at the rear. So it is not and easy job on the 2009.

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot I had a manual for my 2009 and found the answer. The cover and the filter MUST be removed together. Like wise when it is reinstalled it needs to be together. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Chet, just in case you don't know. It's also helpful to put the bike on the sidestand when carrying out air filter maintenance. This allows a little extra clearance between the filter and that cross member. The weight of the bike on the rear wheel causes the cylinder head/front of the engine to dip down a little making it much easier. Test it for yourself, get someone to push down on the rear of the bike with it on the sidestand and the amount of working space in the filter area increases loads.

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks did not know that and yes it was on the center stand and was not on the side stand.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Tripple Thanks, QM, Did not know myself,..

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Yeah...with the bike on the centre stand the engine unit/rear wheel drops to it's lowest setting. This raises the cylinder head/air cleaner/front of engine unit to it's highest setting making removal of the filter very difficult. You can easily get another 25-30mm with it on it's side stand making the whole job a non event.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts