Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't need a new clutch yet but I was looking at the parts diagram and noticed that the clutch for a 2008 looked different than the 2007. Is it possible/desirable to use a 2008 clutch in a 2007 400?

Richard

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Not 100% sure BUT I think that your clutch may have just 3 shoes and the '08 has 5 shoes.....!!!!!

·
Premium Member
12,597 Posts
the 2008 was redesigned to eliminate the noise, it didn't work, still had noise so no big improvement, then camethe snarkel, that was another noise thing that was useless as toilet paper to a mermaid. so imho unless there is a big savings on cost, no advantage

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I was talking to a tech guy the other day and he claimed the squeal was due
to the pegs the shoes pivot on going out of alignment due to the backing plate
being weak, personally I don't think it is but it's there for what its worth.
My 5 shoe clutch has been fine since I chamfered off the leading edges.

·
I'm Retired
9,371 Posts
The 2008 clutch can be used in a 2007 400.

Chris

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
The clutch on my 08 frequently makes a noise when it is cold but quits when it warms up. It is sometimes OK when I ride it every day. It is noisier when it has been sitting a few days. I also think the humidity makes a difference. It doesn't hurt anything so I don't worry about it. I would only replace the 07 clutch with the 08 clutch if I needed to replace the clutch anyway.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I install a 2008 clutch in my 07 400 worked fine. Bought it used at a good price :thumbup: on this site from another member had 2500 miles on it. I put another 10k on it before selling my 400.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts