Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,I'm first time here asking for help since I've tried everything except changing my rectifier...
Here is what's going on...my tail light is not working as well as turn signals and emergency signals.
Now,when I switch the ignition position on parking mode,everything works,signals,emergency lights(when I turn them on).So Im confused what might be the problem...
I inspected all wiring,connections,fuses and voltages as well as blinker relay.Everything seams to be fine.
any advise on this one.....?
Pit

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
How old's the battery, Pit? It might be time for a fresh one, based on your description of the symptoms.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Well, it's Not the rectifier../Regulator, Nothing would work with out it?

Sounds like a Crossed Wire Somewhere, This happens when wires are making Contact with Ground, things sometime go in Reverse..
Battery could be it, But parking Mode would not have worked as well

Elliott,

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Parking mode wouldn't have left the headlights burning, would it?

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Parking mode wouldn't have left the headlights burning, would it?
Nope!! Just All the rest of the lights come on but Headlights are thru Switch, But Chip, it may with out the Headlight MOD at least one headlight..

Elliott,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked everything today again,all connections and rectifier voltage...my only doubt is on ignition switch at the back...what I discovered is that from 3 pairs of wires the upper one in the middle (red wire +) is constant power source to the ignition,the left upper one(brown wire+) has the current only when parking position is turned on,and the right upper one has no current at all in all key positions and even when the bike is running...Using my logic,I think its weird...why should the third wire pair be there with no purpose?
I already created a back up plan...I'm going to install a safety anti theft switch hidden somewhere that will control the main source ignition wire(red) which Im going to jump with brown(parking wire +) so I can have my tail lights and signals functional till I solve the problem...
I have the same bike ,just '05 that I'm driving now so I have time to deal with my new one...it's a good challenge,rather than bring it to a dealership for 200$fix! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BTW,I dont know in what condition is the battery,since I bought the bike a few days ago.I tried the battery from my old burgman and the same is happening

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There was one guy on this forum but long time ago with the same issue,but he did not update his tread...it was in 2008,I believe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts