Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a red 2008 650 Executive on Craigslist. with 8550 miles on it. He's asking $5500. It has some cosmetic damage -- light scratches on front and rear fenders, missing one of the chrome handlebar extensions, small crack on windshield. Has been sitting idle for a year, but still starts up okay and "runs great". Registration expired last month. Says damage happened in garage, the bike has never been dropped.

What would be a good price to offer, given we're into the rainy season, he hasn't ridden it, and it will need to be reregistered and the fluids changes (and maybe tires, although he says they are good)? And given that I don't have a lot of extra money, lol?

Thanks for any advice.

-Dan

·
Registered
1,204 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
dchernikoff said:
I'm looking at a red 2008 650 Executive on Craigslist. with 8550 miles on it. He's asking $5500. It has some cosmetic damage -- light scratches on front and rear fenders, missing one of the chrome handlebar extensions, small crack on windshield. Has been sitting idle for a year, but still starts up okay and "runs great". Registration expired last month. Says damage happened in garage, the bike has never been dropped.

What would be a good price to offer, given we're into the rainy season, he hasn't ridden it, and it will need to be reregistered and the fluids changes (and maybe tires, although he says they are good)? And given that I don't have a lot of extra money, lol?

Thanks for any advice.

-Dan
08 exec came in black and grey, not red. If you saw a picture and it is red, it is a 07.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Here is the ad and as Buffalo said, it is an 07.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/3435619803.html

I would start about $4500, but that is me. The red was limited and there are not many of them available as they were only sold in 2007. The red tends to sell faster so if you want another color or a newer model, the price will be a tad higher than other years.

·
Premium Member
14,230 Posts
Bakeisback said:
Here is the ad and as Buffalo said, it is an 07.
That was Roy who mentioned it was as 07.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got him down to 4100. Now if it will only stop raining so I can test ride it...

Thanks for the pointer about it being an 07. I'll ask him about it when I look at it. Is there somewhere on the VIN I can point him at to prove it's an 07, maybe he'll cut the price some more?

Thank you all!

-Dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts