Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a 2008 Burgman exec with 4000 miles on it, completely stock. Seller is asking $5000. Say's it is in excellent condition. He is second owner and just doesn't have any time to ride it. Any thoughts on this. Thank you all for your input.

·
Registered
753 Posts
That is about ballpark these days. Several months ago (August) I found a 2007 Exec with 3500 miles on it and they guy was desperate to sell it to pay some bills and let me have it for $4000. He was asking $4400 but had no callers on Craigslist (it was listed as a Bergman so if you did a search under Burgman it did not show up) so when I offered him $4k he quickly accepted it.

I would offer him a bit less just to see what he says. But 5 thou for a machine that will give you many years of happy smiles is not all that much money now is it?

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Found a 2008 Burgman exec with 4000 miles on it, completely stock. Seller is asking $5000. Say's it is in excellent condition. He is second owner and just doesn't have any time to ride it. Any thoughts on this. Thank you all for your input.
Bike now 7 y.o., owner pay $8000.00 - $8500.00 for this bike new.

$5000.00 seem too much money !

This bike @ 4000 mile need lot of maintenance also, clean, flush and refill cooling system, exact same with 2 brake system, brake caliper pin need grease, pads may be rust, both tire may start cracking or rot best to replace 2 tire. Battery perhaps not last very long now, best replace battery also for trouble free riding.

Would replace all oil also.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Loadtoad,
Kelley Blue Book shows the wholesale trade in value of an 07' Burgman Executive 650 at $3,105 and retail from a dealer at $4,520. I usually try to buy from individuals at somewhere between those two values. However, it's really worth whatever the seller can get for it and you've got to take into consideration what Burgman's are going for in your area and the condition, mileage and desirability of the one your looking at.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
It might be a little high, but not outrageously so. Don't be afraid to spend money on something that you're going to really enjoy.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
If it's in your price range I'd offer $4,500 & go from there. When I was looking for 650's they were hard to find in my price range. Ones that were, were way over priced. I made a couple of offers but no one would budge on their price. I spent a little more & got a great newer one (09 Exc) than I made offers on (07 non Exc.). Got mine from a used bike dealer.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
If it's in your price range I'd offer $4,500 & go from there. When I was looking for 650's they were hard to find in my price range. Ones that were, were way over priced. I made a couple of offers but no one would budge on their price. I spent a little more & got a great newer one (09 Exc) than I made offers on (07 non Exc.). Got mine from a used bike dealer.
I did the same as you Desert Rat. I payed right at the top end of the price range for mine when I bought it. Offsetting the price in my mind was that my bike was in pristine condition with about 2000 miles on it at purchase and ran like new. A motorcycle is worth what the market (local) is willing to pay for it. Another local rider was very happy that he got his Burgman 650 for far less than I payed for mine. His bike isn't running well (barely ran at all when he got it). He has some money into making his run right, a lot less than the price I payed but the hassle of trying to get it right isn't worth the price difference we each payed in my opinion (in this one case). When he gets his bike right, he will still have less invested in his bike than I have in mine but his hassle factor in getting his bike right will be a lot higher. For me it is not just about price, the hassle factor has to figure into the equation as well.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Loadtoad,
Kelley Blue Book shows the wholesale trade in value of an 07' Burgman Executive 650 at $3,105 and retail from a dealer at $4,520. I usually try to buy from individuals at somewhere between those two values. However, it's really worth whatever the seller can get for it and you've got to take into consideration what Burgman's are going for in your area and the condition, mileage and desirability of the one your looking at.
+1. You should be able to fairly negotiate the asking price down without being an insulting lowballer. If the bike is really nice and is just want you're looking for, don't let a couple hundred bucks keep you from your dream.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Loadtoad,
He's looking at a 08 so trade in is $3450 & $5015 retail as per kbb.
I was looking for a friend & there aren't any 07-09 Exc. used in our area. Closes to us was 250 miles away all with 15k+ miles.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
He's looking at a 08 so trade in is $3450 & $5015 retail as per kbb.
I was looking for a friend & there aren't any 07-09 Exc. used in our area. Closes to us was 250 miles away all with 15k+ miles.
I just checked the prices for my 09 standard 650 and the prices are exactly the same as for a 08 Exec. That seems really odd that the prices are the same to the penny. When I first checked the price for my 09, I thought you had made an error. The NADA price is more for the 08 Exec ($5200/3950) and for my 09 standard ($5850/4475). Seems like a big difference between 2 books.

The KBB and NADA prices are a guide that doesn't matter as much if the local supply is over or under average. Supply and demand dictates local prices.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts