Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I'm Retired
9,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the text from the Craigslist ad: https://post.craigslist.org/manage/2353247923

The 2007 Burgman 400 has a unique combination of performance, comfort and style. The Burgman 400 has enough performance for a top speed of 100+ mph – which is more than enough to travel on any freeway. I’ve found the average fuel economy has been in the mid-60s. The highest was 74.4 MPG after a weekend trip up to the beautiful San Juan Islands. In the time I’ve had it, I’ve saved over $6000 in gas – when the price per gallon was an average of $2.94 – not $4.00+ per gallon.

The seat is comfortable and plush, and hides a lighted 62-liter storage area – the largest of any maxi-scooter in the world. You can fill it with your laptop backpack during the week, or camping gear on the weekend. There is a convenient front glovebox compartment with DC-electrical accessory outlet, plus two additional storage compartments above the glovebox. I've added an additional top box for even more storage space that doubles as a backrest for a passenger.

For 2007, Suzuki totally redesigned the Burgman 400. The only thing the same with the previous generation 400 is the name and general shape.
  • • The engine size was increased to a true 400cc and has a DOHC 4-valve design with less periodic maintenance required.
    • The CVT belt drive transmission is a true “twist and go” design. No clutch or gears to worry about shifting in traffic. There’s also less maintenance required on it than messy chains to adjust and lubricate.
    • New larger 14 inch front wheel combined with new dual hydraulic disc brakes up front for improved stability and braking control. Rear wheel and tire size was also increased.
    • It has a new easy-to-read instrument panel with analog speedometer and tachometer combined with LCD odometer, twin tripmeters, clock and all new average fuel consumption readout.
    • New larger windshield for increased rider comfort and creates a smooth flow of air over the rider.
    • Link-type rear suspension features a single shock absorber with 7 way adjustable spring preload.
You can easily use this Burgman 400 for daily commuting. The aerodynamic fairing in front not only looks cool, but diverts much of the rain and cold wind around you in the winter. The seat is comfortable. After an hour commute, I’ve wanted to get right back on and ride again. I’ve ridden this bike on 10-12 hour long trips to places like Artist Pointe on Mt. Baker, the North Cascades Highway loop, and even around Mt. Rainier and Mt. Hood in Oregon. After 12 hours on the bike, the seat still felt comfortable. You will find few bikes that you can say that about.

And the handling is superb! Whether you’re riding on a twisty back road or simply making that sweeping curve under the Convention Center in the HOV lane with all the cars parked to your right, it just feels good and brings a grin to your face. Did I mention you can travel in the HOV lane? Yes! It has cut my commute time in half.

[attachment=3:37uigygl]IMG_2542 (Large).JPG[/attachment:37uigygl][attachment=2:37uigygl]IMG_2546 (Large).JPG[/attachment:37uigygl][attachment=1:37uigygl]IMG_2552 (Large).JPG[/attachment:37uigygl][attachment=0:37uigygl]MtRainier.jpg[/attachment:37uigygl]

The ad says $3400. I'm willing to negotiate.

Chris

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,178 Posts
Re: 2007 Suzuki Burgman 400 - $3400

Someone is going to get a very nice 400 :thumbup:

But Chris isn't it time that you update your aviator and show us Deborah. You know "old things have passed away behold all things are new" :wink:

·
I'm Retired
9,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: 2007 Suzuki Burgman 400 - $3400

Life has been busy...but it will happen.

I got one immediate reply to the Craigslist ad...from a crook. Oops, is that politically correct? I'll call the person a scammer. Maybe that's better.

I've had 4 other inquiries so far. And the ad has only been up for the weekend. Some of the people at church Sunday were surprised I was selling the bike. As I told one of them, I'd have no problems selling to one of them. The bike has been trouble free, and the only thing I can think of that is not "perfect" is the oil seep from somewhere. If I was keeping it, I might look into it more if I had the tupperware off, but it just hasn't been a concern.

Chris

·
I'm Retired
9,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
6,178 Posts
fuzzyquilter said:
A lady in FL offered my daughter a 400 for $7000. Same year as yours. I told her it was way over priced.
$7000 would be over priced for a new 400 in 07 :shock:

·
I'm Retired
9,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Barak (no relation to any individual within the last 2500+ years) has been sold to a wonderful couple in Auburn. Tomorrow, I'll deliver it to their home and transfer the title over.

It is with some sadness I find this is happening. I can justify the sale logically. No problem. I found a heck of a deal on a brand new 400, one that seemed too good to pass up. I need the space in the garage, so one of the two bikes had to go.

But I have some wonderful memories of rides to places of wonder and beauty on this bike. I will treasure those memories.

rustynail put it well today with his comments about buying a Burgman, and some of why even the commutes for me have been wonderful...
What I found out that day was that a Burgman 400 is more fun than it has a right to be. :cheers: It ought to be illegal, it is so **** fun. ...If you want to have fun, get the Burgman. ...The thing that struck me right away about the Burgman is how it wants to fall into the corners. The 400 was absolutely agile in the twisties.
This has been an extremely reliable, trustworthy Burgman 400. With as many miles as it has, the only things needing replacing were the tires, brakes, CVT belt and clutch, and some bearings. I had hoped to ride it to 100,000+ miles before selling it, but it looks like I'm starting all over again. It should give all of us with 400s, some encouragement that our own 400s will also ride as troublefree.

And while the new black Burgman looks nice...there is something about that particular shade of blue that I fell in love with from the first time I saw Barak.

I think I'll change my wallpaper to this one for awhile...

[attachment=0:d5o0rsrd]IMG_0031.JPG[/attachment:d5o0rsrd]

Chris

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts