Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

2007 Honda Silverwing For Sale AS NEW

3K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  gec343 
#1 ·
#2 ·
A very nice Silverwing, and at a reasonable price. Does it have ABS brakes?

#3 ·
A very nice Silverwing, and at a reasonable price. Does it have ABS brakes?
No , I don't know if they even offered them on the swing in 07 ??
Personally I don't want ABS on a bike , I want to be in control if and
when the poop hits the fan . :happy8:

TheReaper

#5 ·
Wes is right - I had an '07 w/ ABS. Guy had bought it for his wife to ride - she dropped it trying to turn around in some gravel and never rode it again. I got it w/ a little over 900 miles on it in 2010 - traded it in on my Burgman 650 which I feel is a better ride.................

#15 ·
That wasn't quite my experience. I head-turned to check for a lane change on my V-Strom at the same time a van in front stopped suddenly. Yes, it was my fault to get myself in that spot. I started my panic stop, and I know how to do it. I was sure I was going to hit him, but at the last instant the ABS cycled twice and stopped me an inch off his bumper. I know others who are better riders than me who say ABS saved their butts. I won't ride a bike without ABS anymore. Just my choice.

#7 ·
Just checked some 2007 reviews. The MSRP price at that time was only $7999. Half of that today would only be about $4000. Not sure if you will be able to get that much or not. Even in pristine condition, the best vehicles still depreciate steadily. Best of luck to you.

#8 ·
#9 ·
I think Yoda's comment regarding price is comparing apples to apples on the year of the bike, not mileage. All those you compared with were newer bikes. I personally like the SW and was preparing to buy one but a better deal came up on an Executive. The real value of anything though is what the market will bear. I bought a Goldwing once for 3500 and sold for 9500. You just gotta find the right buyer.

#10 ·
Yeah maybe a little newer but for sure no nicer . I recently swore off any buying and selling then this one came up , in a way I hope it doesn't sell so I can keep it . :D I have a custom made for me seat that's ready go on it , then some GIVI hard saddle bags and trunk . Once you get the right seat on a Silverwing they are really nice scooters , terribly uncomfortable with the stock seats though .

TheReaper!

#12 ·
2009 Silverwing

I had until recently owned a 2009 Silverwing until about 2 weeks ago when the lady in front of me hammered her brakes when the light turned yellow. I laid it down and it slid into her bumper hitting right on the corner of the windshield and dash. They totaled it rather than fixing it. They gave me $5780 for it. FYI... They have a 2012 with ABS at the dealer by me for $5791 cash price and it has 3500 miles.

#13 ·
I had until recently owned a 2009 Silverwing until about 2 weeks ago when the lady in front of me hammered her brakes when the light turned yellow. I laid it down and it slid into her bumper hitting right on the corner of the windshield and dash. They totaled it rather than fixing it. They gave me $5780 for it. FYI... They have a 2012 with ABS at the dealer by me for $5791 cash price and it has 3500 miles.
Just curious , did you get ticketed for traveling to close , and or not being able to stop within an assured distance ahead ?

As far as prices go , they are all over the place . When you sell you have to find the right buyer , that is the bottom line . As far as blue book , wholesale , retail etc etc goes , none of that means much today . If a seller has some thing really nice and it's exactly what a buyer is looking for he'll buy it , and if necessary pay a premium to get it .

So what are you going to buy now ? Another Silverwing or a 650 burg ?

TheReaper!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.