Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Suzuki Burgman 650 for sale in South Louisiana. The bike has only 8422 total miles and is in super condition with plenty of extras as detailed below. It is a deep metallic graphite gray in color, and the paint is near perfect. It has always been kept covered under my back patio since the day I bought it brand new (except when riding it, of course). I'm 50 years old and meticulously maintain my stuff. It runs great and has absolutely no mechanical issues. It's very clean, with very little wear, as you can see in my photos here: http://s1352.photobucket.com/user/dblejeune/library/2007 Suzuki Burgman 650

Asking Price: $ 4800 OBO. I would prefer to sell it to someone close enough to come and see, ride it, and take it home. I'd rather not deal with shipping and payment hassles. If I don't find a local buyer within a reasonable amount of time, I will consider other options. I will be placing it on local Craigslists as well as here. Contact me via email at [email protected] if you're interested, or have any questions.

Reasons for selling:
1. Wife needs a new SUV (expensive!).
2. My best riding buddies have sold their bikes (bummer).
3. I have other interests, and I'm just not riding it much these days.

More details:
+ 8422 total Miles
+ New Battery - Sealed AGM type. Just replaced the original about a month ago (it lasted much longer than I thought it would). With electronic fuel injection, the bike always starts immediately, so there's not much stress on the battery.
+ Rear Tire - Michelin Pilot Sport Radial w/ 2600 miles on it, looks like new. I changed the stock tire early because it was slightly flat-spotted and had heard good things about the Michelin.
+ Front Tire - Stock Bridgestone Battlax, plenty of miles left on it. The front tires hardly wear on these bikes.

Here's what's included:

+ Champion Nylon Cover - Fits very well, nice and snug around the bottom. This is my second one, it's about 9 months old. The first one lasted about 4 years.
+ Clearview Large Tinted Windshield w/ Adjustable Vent - Much better coverage and protection than the stock windshield. I have micro-swirl edging on the top and sides which can be easily taken off if you don't like it. You'll also get the original factory windshield (like new).
+ Fehling Backrest w/ Chrome Rack - Much nicer and sturdier than the optional Suzuki backrest, plus you get the rack.
+ T-Bags Vegas semi-rigid Rack Bag - Very nice, somewhere between a soft bag and a hard trunk. Fits nicely over the backrest and secures to the rack.
+ Custom Nylon Hump Bag - Made by D.J. Ellis. Handy for carrying raingear, etc. I also like that it fills up the opening and makes the bike look less like a scooter.
+ Brake-Away Throttle Lock - All aluminum construction, the best on the market. Releases immediately when you pull the front brake lever (or push the release button).
+ PIAA Intense White Headlamps - Much brighter than the stock lamps, clean white light. You'll get the original factory lamps too.
+ Foam Grip-Puppies - I find these very comfortable, but you can remove them and the factory grips are underneath.
+ Slime Mini Air Compressor - Extremely compact, I keep it in the hump bag for emergencies.
+ Stop-and-Go Tire Plugger/Inflator Kit - Everything you need to plug and re-inflate a flat tire. Uses mushroom-type plugs and includes CO2 inflator cartridges (or use compressor).
+ Spare Rear Tire - The original Bridgestone Battlax tire, changed at 5800 miles. Somewhat flat-spotted in the center, but still has plenty of meat left.
+ Original Suzuki Owner's Manual - Typical owner's manual, what else can I say?
+ Suzuki Factory Service Manual - This is the big one they use at the dealerships. Comes in handy for doing various maintenance and repair work. Heck, you might need it just to figure out how to take some of the plastic panels off!
+ 2007 Suzuki Scooters Brochure - Having this in your hands will make you feel like you bought it new!

The cost of all these extras is over $ 1,000, so you're getting a great deal on a very well-equipped machine. If you want a Burgman 650, it would be well worth your while to drive a few hours for this one. I hope you're close enough to come and get it!

David

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Price reduced to $ 4500!

Fall's not the best time to sell a bike, and I haven't found a local buyer yet. I decided to reduce the price to $ 4500 to see if I can generate some interest. This will be a great deal for someone!

David

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, she's still for sale. Would make a nice Christmas present!

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
OK -- Thanks for the reply to the E Mails (allowed me to find the post again as I had lost track of which bike I E Mailed about). :mad:

Anyway, as I said in another E Mail to you describing my situation with the broke 2007 at 73400 some miles, I am undcided at this point what I will do. If can getr some work doen on it reasonably (not at a dealer) and it might jsut be the Clutch (failed the clutch test and CVT secondary pulley does turn). Might get it fixed for reasonable fee considering it is 74000 mile bnbike, not worth much.

Having refound the post on yours -- I doubt I will be interested at $4800, but keeping it in mind aliong with several other deals should I decide to go the route of buying another used one.

I have had more problems with the Burgman 650 than any other machine I have owned (have owned four in the last 12 years). The 2007 I own now in 4 1/2 years and 72000 miels since I bought it has had - start button switch problem that I redesigned and posted a fix on here, a Rectiifer / Regulator Failure that took out lights and ECM Module, and now the loss of power to the rear wheel. Plus a blown fuse on antoher ride that had me limping home at 30 mph for 60 miles (scared to shut it off for fear it would not restart). Got home, and it would not restart, it was just the fuse (replaced it and no further problems there). Nice ride - but pain in the you know what to work on.

However, I like the ride and if I can get a reasobanle amount of useage for a reasonable cost as I did this one, it is OK. I ride a lot, about 22000 a year (estimate would do at least 10000 a year on Burgy, more if I did not have a second bike).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts