Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone...I am trying to help my 80 year old father-in-law get his Burgman back on the road. He was riding the other day and he said that the bike just shut down on him while on the highway. He said that all gauges appeared normal. He said after about 10 to 15 minutes, the bike would start but would shut down after traveling about 100 yards or so. Things he has checked: 1) he says that he disconnected the fuel line and the pump is pumping good 2) however, he said that after the bike warms up that it will just shut down and no gas is reaching the throttle bodies and the engine will cut off. Any help of things to check would be greatly appreciated as he loves riding his Burgman. Thanks to everyone.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
When the bike shuts down you will get an FI indication on the panel. To get the code associated with the FI indication, you can use a paperclip to put the ECU in dealer mode. DO a forum search on dealer mode to find out where the actual plug is and which pins to jumper. That will give you a code in the display that you can use to determine what the issue is. You really need the code before you can start isolating the underlying issue.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chatman...thanks for the response. I need to add that when I bought the scooter for my dad that the previous owner had already removed the STVA sensor and the FI light was continuously illuminated. So, from reading what I have already on the forum, I imagine putting it in dealer mode is going to throw this code, but will it also throw another code for any other problems that could be causing this issue?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I don't know if you can display multiple codes. But it does significantly make trouble shooting problematic. I really don't know where you go from here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts