Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SEE CRAIGLIST AD for complete info:
https://post.craigslist.org/manage/4560599560/udr75

I am selling my Suzuki 2007 Burgman 400 that runs perfectly with only 6200 miles… It's near new! (The 2014 version would cost $8400 with these extras.) Around town I typically get between 65 and 70 miles per gallon… It'll get more on the freeway (when gas prices go up, I don't think twice.!) I've read that he will go over 100 mi./h. If you haven't done your research, it Is the Queen of Scooters and The Cadillac of Scooters. See description below.

Included with the scooter is:
1. A Givi Airflow Windshield that cost $285. A fabulous windshield far better than the stock windshield.

2. A headlight modulator that allows the lights to blink on and off during daylight hours (for safety), and a brake light flasher (when you press your brakes one of them blinks 11 times and then the light is solid, again for safety).
3. A mount for a Garmin Zumo GPS . The actual GPS is not included in the sale.
4. A Repair Manual

5. K&N Lifetime Air Filter $52

Never been laid down. always garaged

The only thing defective on it is I cracked the right rear view mirror.

·
Registered
133 Posts
What did you do to make your bike get 70 mpg? last fill up I got 64 mpg. I put in 19 gram Dr. Pulley sliders. I do have a K&N air filter.
I like all the accessories you have added.
Sounds like a good buy. I'm sure someone will jump on that.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
There is a lady in Northern NM looking for a Burgman 400.

I am going to send her a PM and maybe you two can get together.

Good luck with your sale.

·
Registered
511 Posts
>>What did you do to make your bike get 70 mpg?<<

Must be the same thing that got it to 100+ MPH! :)

Glad it sold fast!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
>>What did you do to make your bike get 70 mpg?<<

Must be the same thing that got it to 100+ MPH! :)

Glad it sold fast!
I thought that too, its a bit of a stretch. 70 mpg. I guess if you weight 120 lbs and ride 50 mph, its possible. 100 mph, maybe indicated, no way actual. Fastest I got mine was 94, downhill, wind at my back and the rev limiter kicked in. Smelled funny afterwards too

But no matter, I'm sure its a great bike. Seems both buyer and seller got a good deal.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Congrats on the sale. I really enjoyed my K5 400 which I kept in Albuquerque, that is until March 17, this year when a car pulled out in front of me. Need to go to Albq for my K7 650 this weekend and bring it back to Questa (northcentral NM) about 20 mi from Colorado. 15 degrees cooler here. Ride between 7,000 to 10,000 ft and each bike handles beautifully. Where is the new owner from?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congrats on the sale. I really enjoyed my K5 400 which I kept in Albuquerque, that is until March 17, this year when a car pulled out in front of me. Need to go to Albq for my K7 650 this weekend and bring it back to Questa (northcentral NM) about 20 mi from Colorado. 15 degrees cooler here. Ride between 7,000 to 10,000 ft and each bike handles beautifully. Where is the new owner from?
I'm from Taos, right down the hwy. can't wait to try those hills between Taos and Questa.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I thought that too, its a bit of a stretch. 70 mpg. I guess if you weight 120 lbs and ride 50 mph, its possible.
I've done it twice -- 70.95 mpg and 70.48 (Both calculated). Both were round trip rides of about 200 mi., with little or no wind, on back roads in Northern Michigan with very few stops. Speed was between 45 mph and 55 mph.

I think the key to getting 70 mpg is steady speed. Every time I go through a town my mpg drops. I think if I could get on a back road and travel 50 mph for 3 hours, I would get considerably higher than 70 mpg.

Oh, by the way, I'm not a light weight at 240 lbs.

John

·
Registered
133 Posts
What have you added to the bike that is not stock that would contribute to the high gas mileage? I'd love to get 70 mpg. I did it once on a back road at 55 mph. Got 71mpg when it was new and weather was warm. Haven't done it since. Everything then was stock.
I get 65 mpg with 19 gram sliders on hwy now. Not bad, but I don't like anyone beating me on mpg. Lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts