Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my burgy wont idleless that 1500 to 2000 RPM and it looks like the throttle return cable is off the pulley or whatever.

The factory service manual is not helpful on throttle cable replacement ,or I can't find the section.Is it possible to disconnecct them from the throttle to get enough slack to fix the problem?

Can anyone help?The dealer wants me to write a blank check

thanks in advance

swabbie

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also, the cables don't appear to be streched..they have all of their adjustment left..

again t anks in advance

·
Premium Member
14,279 Posts
Yes you can disconnect them from the throttle body. You will need a 10 mm wrench to remove the nut on the cable at the pulley. For the cable that goes over the top of the pulley you will need to turn the pulley to get enough slack to get the cable off. Takes a little fiddling to get it done but not to difficult. Be sure to keep track of which cable goes to which side of the pulley. If you get them back on backwards the throttle will work backwards.

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
you can check this video to get an idea of how the dual throttle cable is setup on the 650

[youtube:qgf2q4f6]QapFJPFVsdg[/youtube:qgf2q4f6]

unless they were installed improperly, it takes some doing to get them off track or the roller...

you can check step 12 of phase 2 of my CVT-Repair DIY for a bit more details on how to disconnect the cable.

just be patient and take your time, it's a tight space, but not a hard job.

You basically have to loosen the cable at its base and then remove the anchor from the wheel to get it loose.
There are two of them, a top and a bottom.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TYVM to both of you..
I will ask my friends to watch the video and read these posts..

I am certain that we can reason it out..

Swabbie

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks to the awesome folks who post on here, the cable is now back on the pulley,both cables are tensioned, and operating properly

However, I am back to the original problem which is that the Burgy now idles at approx 1500 rpm warmed up sitting on the ground.The pulley/spring arrangement are fully back against something? and the small idle screw and lock nut isn't even touching the throttle stop?The cable tension seems correct and the idle is just too high.

Is this an ECU problem, or what else can I check/

Thanks in advance

Swabbie

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NOTE:

There are NO blue dots in either glove box, but I spoke with American Suzuki and thy asure me that the recall has been done

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Yah I would have thought either ECM recall or vacuum leak but isn't there a idle solenoid between the throttle bodies? Hmm whether it's adjustment or electronic. When did this start? Was anything done to it before the problem started?

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
swabbie said:
my burgy wont idle less than 1500 to 2000 RPM and it looks like the throttle return cable is off the pulley or whatever.
on the 07+ models the idle is set/adjusted via software at the dealership... no physical screw anymore...
have them run a diagnosis and check the idle settings.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TYVM again to all who responded..I guess I will have to find another dealer who will check it or put the tupperware back on and then take it in?

Do other cycle shops have the software or just Suzuki dealers? Is the idle something that they can reprogram or is it ECU rshopping time if it is not adjustable?

Sorry for all the questions

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
We are here for questions so need to apologise.
You will need to get to a Suzy dealer for this adjustment.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
In that case although the o/p reported he has a 2007 model, he needs to check and confirm this as quite often a buyer will buy a bike in one year but it is actually a 'left over' model from the previous year(s). So he may have a manually adjustment on the idle setting. Check it out.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I only wish that it had a manual idle setting..I would already have the tupperware back on and be riding it..grrr..LOL

Will check the other dealership in this area and see if they want it with or without tupperware when I take it to them

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
LeDude said:
a little typo on my part on the previous post, should be 05+ models and not 07+...
Your original post is correct. I have an 06 and it is still manual adjust and the 2 07 650's in our local group are automatic. They went with the software adjust at the same time they remapped the ECU and had all those recalls on the o7 model.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
I stand corrected, I was correct with the first post, the change to a software based throttle controlle was made in the 07+ models.

I have to stop by the Suzuki dealer on Tuesday to pick-up some parts, will ask them what they use to actually make the adjustment, and how?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts