Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchasing a 2006 Suzuki Burgman 650 with 4500 miles on it. New tires and 3500 mile service performed. I am pretty stoked, but wonder how it will do on an island. My last 650 I had was in Texas.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Better a Burgman 650 than a Honda Goldwing :eek:ccasion7:

Due to traffic congestion, tight parking, mini-freeways, etc. I never had anything larger than a 250cc motorcycle in Oahu... Honda 250 scooter and Kawasaki Ninja 250.

Prior when on the mainland, never had anything lower than 1000cc. Now I have the B650EX and Goldwing 1800 F6B.

I had friends who had Harleys & Goldwings on Oahu, but I couldn't figure out the mentality.

Better a motorcycle/scooter than a car or truck :D

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Purchasing a 2006 Suzuki Burgman 650 with 4500 miles on it. New tires and 3500 mile service performed. I am pretty stoked, but wonder how it will do on an island. My last 650 I had was in Texas.
I was stationed on Oahu (at MCAS Kaneohe) for three years back in the early to mid 1970's. I had a 650 Triumph Bonneville for the first two years I was there. Kind of too much motorcycle for the island although I made do with it until a lady ran a stop sign out in front of me. I think that as long as you stay on the windward side of the island with it as much as you can and out of Honolulu traffic you should be just fine.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

Oh, I just saw that you are in Pearl City. The bike is a little heavy for bumper to bumper traffic although it will do that kind of traffic pretty well.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I see by the list of scooters you have you should be able to answer that question. Are you replacing the 400, or just adding the 650 to your stable. My decision would be answered when it comes to parking and traffic, if the 400 works for you then the 650 shouldn't be that much different to handle. Pushing the 650 around is a little heavy and has some drag in the transmission, this would make my decision for me on how it was used.

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts