Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found one with 8000 miles. I am just wondering what complaints of problems came with the 06 model. They are asking 6500k but I feel this is way over priced...based on Kelly BB. Mainly I would like to have feedback on the mechanical issues not neccesairly the pricing.
This website is a petty informative but I dont have time here at work to dig aroound for the information. Thks

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I just bought a 2006 NOT executive one owner with 4800 miles for $3,000 . I wouldn't pay any more than $4,200 for that and it better not have any damage . For $4,200 it better be REAL nice . Forget all that book value stuff , bikes aren't selling and REAL values have plummeted .

TheReaper!

·
Premium Member
14,228 Posts
I don't know of any issues specific to the 06 model.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I just paid $4,500 for a farkled out spotless 09 non Executive with 11,000 miles on it. Location and availability determines the value.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have an '06 with close to 30,000 miles on it with no problems. I use it every day year around. I did change out the stopper bolt at around 20,000 miles just because. The old one was in pretty good shape. I also had a rock bounce up under the bike and bend the center stand switch. It wouldn't shift out of low position until I replaced it. The price is way too high, so consider making an offer. I got mine in '08 for $6,000.00 out the door (CA tax, license and registration) still under warranty from the dealer. It only had 1,800 mile on it at the time.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've got a 07' Exec for sale at $4000, dang, that price for a 06' seems hi!

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
The 06 had two problems that effected a "few" bikes.

The wiring harness on some 06s rubbed on the exec electric WS raising mechanism causing it to short. A friend of mine had it on his 06, but I did not have it on either of the 06 execs I owned. Some other 06 exec owners reported this on their bikes.

The CVT idler pulley bolt worked loose on a some bikes. This happened to one of my 06s. When I looked into it, I found 3 other owners who had the same problem with their 06 execs.

I would buy another 06 exec, if I wanted/needed one.

The price is toooo high for a 06

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I have found one with 8000 miles. I am just wondering what complaints of problems came with the 06 model. They are asking 6500k but I feel this is way over priced...based on Kelly BB. Mainly I would like to have feedback on the mechanical issues not neccesairly the pricing.
This website is a petty informative but I dont have time here at work to dig aroound for the information. Thks
I bought an '09 this summer for what these people are asking that '06 and I payed more than what I wanted. I didn't want to give more than $6000 for my bike but they wouldn't go any lower. Mine had 2000 miles on it and looked brand new (not a scratch on it anywhere). I finally decided to take it even though it was more than I wanted to pay. It was the only Burgman Executive within 100 miles of me for the past year. Of course, I saw one (same year) for sale less then two weeks after I bought mine for less money. I didn't go look at it but I can't believe it was in the same condition mine was.

When all things are considered at the end of the day you need to decide how much money you can afford to spend (I never buy new for instance) and just how much you like the bike. Then if you feel that you are getting your money's worth, then buy it without remorse even if you find a better deal later.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
340 Posts
I bought back my '09 Exec with 7,000+mi a few months ago for little over $4400. I had sold it previously then bought it back a several months later. Now I have 8,800+mi on my '09 Exec.

I DIDN'T make the 'BIG ANNOUNCEMENT' of selling my Burgman and buying another bike so when I bought it back I paid the same price I sold it for.. except had to pay for taxes. Came back to this forum as if I never left.

If I sell my '09 Exec again -I'll let you know when I buy it back AGAIN :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts