Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just placed my order today for a 2006 Burg exec. Dealer says they won't have the details of the models until the October dealer meeting with Suzuki but I figured that with only 30 available in Canada in 2005 I may as well place my order now in order to reserve one for next spring. Can't wait now.
p.s. if you read French, this site as an excellent review of the 2005 model:
http://www.emoto.com/docs/suzuki_burgma ... ive.php?p=

cheers
J-P
:wink:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Welcome to the ICOBO, J-P. :hello2:

I hope the Exec will be available in the USA next year. I'd trade my '03 in an instant, much as I love her. (I'm so fickle.)

BTW, I once met a J-P from Ontario (if I recall) in Vancouver. Probably 20 years ago. Initials J-P S-J. I don't suppose by a wierd coincidence that you are he?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums J-P. Glad to have you join us. Do you already have a bike and are trading up?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings J P and welcome to the forums. I too already know a someone in the Toronto area that goes by JP. Just curious as to where abouts in Ontario you are.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome

This will be my first new bike in about 20 years ! Other than renting here and there, borrowing, my wife made me promise that I wouldn't buy another bike until our daughters were 18. They are still not there yet but then I told my wife that the Burgman was more a scooter and a motorcycle (I didn't get into the details ;-). I live in Ottawa where there are quite a few nice touring roads for day rides. Northern NY, Vermont and NH are fairly close also.
8 months is a long time to wait for this machine but it will be worth it.

Brian, I did live in Vancouver 1985-87 and loved it.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Re: Thanks for the welcome

J-P said:
...Brian, I did live in Vancouver 1985-87 and loved it.
:shock: That would be about the right time.

Are you Jean-Pierre St. Jean?

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi JP - welcome to the forum :hello2:

The 2006 model is going to be $2000 more expensive than the 2005 model! :shock:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Norman. I guess they know when they have a good thing, ie. charge for it !
Although it may also mean they are adding accessories or design changes. We'll see.
My dealer charged me the price of the 2005.

J-P

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
I was only teasing - sorry! :wink:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh geez don't say or write things like that. Suzuki may be reading this and presume that we'll expect a price increase. :wink:
On the other hand, with more competing big scooters coming our way, they'll want to stay ahead of the competion. Just saw today a Vespa 500 cc today. It looked fairly similar to the Burgman.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
J-P said:
Oh geez don't say or write things like that. Suzuki may be reading this and presume that we'll expect a price increase. :wink:
On the other hand, with more competing big scooters coming our way, they'll want to stay ahead of the competion. Just saw today a Vespa 500 cc today. It looked fairly similar to the Burgman.
Hey I tell the jokes around here! :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts