Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new member - first post. Just bought a 2006 AN400S, or so I thought. It is a blue Type S. The title says it's an AN400K3. I decoded the VIN and the date code (10th digit) is 6 and the design sequence (7th digit) is 3 (I assume that's were the K3 is coming from). Until now, I thought a K3 was a 2003, K4 a 2004 and so on. Has anyone seen this before?

·
Premium Member
14,229 Posts
Well the 10th digit in the vin on my 06 400S is a 6. On the title under model it says AN4. I think what shows up on the title as the model probably depends on who fills out the paperwork. The important thing is that the vin number on the title matches the one on the bike.

As suzuki did not offer an S model in 03 it's pretty certain you have an 06.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Buffalo said:
Well the 10th digit in the vin on my 06 400S is a 6. On the title under model it says AN4. I think what shows up on the title as the model probably depends on who fills out the paperwork. The important thing is that the vin number on the title matches the one on the bike.

As suzuki did not offer an S model in 03 it's pretty certain you have an 06.
It's an 06, I was just expecting to see AN400S instead of AN400K3 on the title. I thought maybe it was a typo on the title, so I questioned it when I had it transferred. They told the model number on the title is determined by the VIN. I used an online VIN analyzer and it said it was a K3 also. Do you know what the 7th digit is in your 06 400S VIN?

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I'm not sure I'd stress over it as the models had very little changes from 03-06.
You do know the Blue models are faster especially the "Sport" model. 8)
Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine.
Ride Safe and Have Fun.

·
Premium Member
14,229 Posts
jebiruph said:
Do you know what the 7th digit is in your 06 400S VIN?
The 7th digit of my VIN is a 3

·
Registered
350 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase. Until a recent horn failure my 2006 has performed flawlessly since it was brand new. If it still has the short "Sport" windscreen, you will find that a lot of riders have swapped them out for the taller standard windscreen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts