Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got the call today that my wifes AN400 is in. We're going to the shop tomorrow afternoon to check it out. Can't wait to see it, and take a few pictures. Too bad winter has landed here in the midwest, and It will sit till spring( my wife is Not a cold weather person), but we're thinking spring. We will have her through the safety class by then, and she'll be ready to ride. I never in a million years thought I'd be buying her protective bike gear for xmas since she was the one who insisted I sell my bike when we got married 27 yrs ago. My how times have changed...this is going to be a hoot!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
you can store it down here in Texas. It will be well taken care of.. :wink: LOL

If you don't mind me asking, how tall is she? If she is around 5'8", will you take a side picture of her sitting on it. I've gone through all the albums and it seems as though no one my size sits on the bikes. Lots of pictures of just the bike or the owner standing next to it. :?

oh and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll do that, and she is 5'9". I will have to figure out how to send a picture...I've never done it so I guess it's time to get out the digital camera that's been sitting in it's box for a couple of years.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
willow said:
I will have to figure out how to send a picture...I've never done it so I guess it's time to get out the digital camera that's been sitting in it's box for a couple of years.
Yeah, It took me about two years to take mine out of the box - and it was this site that made me do it! Don't be intimidated by all the features that you aren't going to use. You only need to understand around 20 percent of the camera features to take good pictures and offload them to your PC.

The problem with us guys that leave them in the box that long, is that the technology and price points are rapidly changing. My daughter bought a Canon digital camera last week for $200 (about 30% less than my Sony cost 3 years ago). Hers has more features, and way more memory. I think she got 200 meg of memory with the camera. Mine came with 4 meg of memory (I bought a 64 meg card for it after I started using it.) And hers takes digital movies with sound. Mine takes digital movies, but with no sound.

My daughter is, of course, different. She got back from the store with her new camera, blew off a date with her boyfriend, uploaded all the software that came with the camera to her laptop, and annoyed me thoroughly by snapping pictures through out the house all evening. Even made me stand up and dance so that she could try out the movie features. :shock: But she's from a different era. As soon as she could walk, she was twisting dials and punching buttons on my stereo equipment - figuring out how it all worked.

Good luck. You'll do fine.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Pass on our congratulations to you wife willow. Although she may not like the cold, I have a feeling she'll end up talking at least a short spin on the Burgman rather than letting it sit unridden until spring.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
pauljo said:
[snipped]
My daughter is, of course, different. She got back from the store with her new camera, blew off a date with her boyfriend, uploaded all the software that came with the camera to her laptop, and annoyed me thoroughly by snapping pictures through out the house all evening. Even made me stand up and dance so that she could try out the movie features. :shock: But she's from a different era. As soon as she could walk, she was twisting dials and punching buttons on my stereo equipment - figuring out how it all worked.

Good luck. You'll do fine.
I am sure we do need a poll to convey how much we would like to see that movie! :wink: :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts