Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It says the colors are silver and black - but the pages aren't finished being set up yet... The 400's are silver and blue.

·
Registered
209 Posts
AND!!!!

California model equipped with catalyst in exhaust to reduce emissions

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!

Oh wait, I live in NH... :(

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Well if thats it looks like you guys are going to have to wait around a while longer for the 650 with ABS.

I also note that both the 650 and 400 for 2004 are slated to be equipped with 'Tamper-resistant magnetic ignition switch cover for added security - ignition switch includes built-in seat latch operation' - no mention of the ISS key or whatever it was rumoured to be on its way.

The $99 deal continues - you lucky people!

·
Registered
209 Posts
NormanB said:
The $99 deal continues - you lucky people!
Yeah, when did that start? Kinda makes me wish I didn't pay cash now...

And how do they sell a $7699 bike for $99 a month for 60 months? That only totals $5940....

Oh crap, nevermind, I just read the fine print... 99 for 60 months, then the balance will be subject to crazy finance charges. :)

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
But that deal would clear a 400.

if you bought a 650 and left your cash on interest earning deposit, tackled the $99 payments and then clear the outstanding 'balloon' in month 60 - you would still be ahead - wouldn't you?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Without actually doing the math, I'm gonna say Yes. However, the way it reads, if you're late for one $99 payment, you blow the whole $99 a month deal. It's stated as "...if your account is kept current." The odds of me making that payment on time every month for 5 years is slim to none....

Oh yeah, that reminds me, I have to pay the September mortgage payment now. HA! :shock:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Kias said:
Without actually doing the math, I'm gonna say Yes. However, the way it reads, if you're late for one $99 payment, you blow the whole $99 a month deal. It's stated as "...if your account is kept current." The odds of me making that payment on time every month for 5 years is slim to none....

Oh yeah, that reminds me, I have to pay the September mortgage payment now. HA! :shock:
Surely a banking debit/transfer arrangement could relieve you of that strain! :)

·
Registered
728 Posts
does this mean no more digital dash display?

Automotive-style instrument display with analog tachometer, speedometer, fuel gauge, temperature gauge, plus LCD odometer/tripmeters and clock

so much for the blue for 2005 :cry:

If they went to an analog dash, That will probably change my mind on a 2005. I'll look around for an '04.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
wilder days said:

Automotive-style instrument display with analog tachometer, speedometer, fuel gauge, temperature gauge, plus LCD odometer/tripmeters and clock
[snipped].
I strongly suspect the LCD dash remains for the 650, this looks like a typo (cut and paste error) as it is a straight lift from the 400 page. Suzuki do not seem to have a technical proofer and all sorts of weird things seem to pass into their documents be they electronic or printed.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Norm, I sure hope you're right. I got so **** excited the other day when I saw blue on onieda's site.
My dream is to get an '05 with all digital dash..and in BLUE !!!!
YAHHHHHHH
I still love my suzi intruder1400, so unless I can get what I really wnat, I'll pass on a tradein next spring.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Allwalk - the Burgman 400 page says they are available Oct '04???

Kias - the 2004 page says the same thing

Wilder days - the 2004 page says the same thing aboput the dash

It looks like the picture of the 2005 400 is the same as the 2003 picture. Note the bike angle and the yellow front turn signal lens, but the 2004 has a clear lens in the picture.

The 650 looks like the front and rear turn signal lens are clear in the 2005 pictures.

As someone has pointed out the front garness on the 650 appears to be painted the same color as the bike

It looks like Suzuki does not consider the web page as very important. I guess we will have to wait to talk to someone that has actually seen one.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Well, at least they are stating "gear" for final drive in the specs for the '05. Took them 2 years to correct that.... Specs on the '04 still say "shaft".

Now, when will we get the first newbie question regarding whether it is better to buy a leftover '04 with shaft drive - or an '05 with gear drive?

I would also guess that the 650 dash has not changed, and that the passenger backrest is not included. As for colors, from the proven lack of accuracy in Suzuki USA's web pages - I think we have to wait until the dealers get 'em to know for sure.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
wilder days said:

so much for the blue for 2005 :cry:

If they went to an analog dash, That will probably change my mind on a 2005. I'll look around for an '04.
It's the same LCD panel as the other 650s have had: analog tach (composed of a segmented LCD "bar graph"), digital speed (multi-segment digits), analog temp, analog fuel, digital odometer, etc. Remember: "analog" doesn't equal "mechanical."

Also, I've heard that for 2005 the 650s will be silver and dark blue, no black. There were even pictures posted from the Onieda Suzuki site. We seem to be getting conflicting info here.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Kias said:
Hey... Looks like for $100 more, you get front turn signals that are clear now.
Where did ya see that Rob?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
billmeek said:
Kias said:
Compare the turn signals in the picture of the '04 650 with the same view in the picture of the '05 and it does appear that the '05's are clear. Maybe now they even have running lights?

·
Registered
231 Posts
billmeek wrote:
Kias wrote:

I guess you can see what he is talking about as far as clear turn signals by the pictures. When he said for 100 more you can get this he is refering to the fact the suggested retail price of the 05's is 100 dollars more than the 04's.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
If (not trusting the pics) they do offer clear turn signal lens on the new models, there should then be a source for replacements. There's a few people on the forums that expressed an interest in them.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts