Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having a hard time imagining myself turning 40 on January 1st. :shock:
You try to stop and think about life and your accomplishments, who you hurt, who you helped, where you are going, where you have been. I have to say that 2004 and was one of my best years ever. My wife and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary. I bought a 400 in June and then a 650 in July and have loved every minute of riding. Today I bought something that I have wanted as a kid, and as a young adult, but never really took the time to learn. Today I bought a Fender Strat electric guitar. :headbang: I start my first lesson on Jan. 7th. I figured with all of this snow and Ice on the ground in Ohio, might as well learn something else to enjoy until I can ride again. I was one of the unlucky ones that lost power in Ohio, but mine was out for only 6 hours. Some of my apartment communites and mobile home parks were out for 5 days, including Christmas!
Here's to all of my fellow Burgman friends, owners, soon to be owners and even dreamers. Have a Happy and Safe 2005 and keep both tires on the road. God Bless you all. :eek:ccasion5:

Kelly Case

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Happy Early Birthday!!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
40 aint nuttin'! The 2nd half is the best.

Now, whether I was feeling that way five years ago when I "turned" I couldn't say for certain.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Welcome to your forthcoming mid-life crisis in advance 8)
Seriously though, an early Happy Birthday wish :eek:ccasion4:

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the B'day wishes. I actually had my 650 started today and was dreaming of driving it out on the ice....sorta like the ice racing you see on TV, then came to my senses and prayed for warm weather. BUT....it is suppose to get up to 50 this weekend! :D

·
Registered
969 Posts
casek,

Good year for me, too. Got the job of my dreams (though I didn't know that until I got it) late last year, and am pretty comfortable among the felons these days. Like you, I'm hoping to pick up new knowledge, but for me, it'll be Spanish. Good luck casting the Strat. (Been tempted to pick up the old drumsticks, m'sef. 8) )

Steve

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I survived the party my wife threw for me. About 60 people showed up. I got a lot of oohs and aahs from people looking at the Burgmans in the garage. It was around 50 degrees but pouring rain this weekend. :x
Maybe next week will be riding weather. Thanks again to all for the birthday wishes.

Kelly

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hey - apologies! :cry:

A belated but heartfelt - Happy Birthday :)

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, it is raining AGAIN in central Ohio. Can't ride so have been practicing on the Stratacaster. I can now play Yankee Doodle on both the accoustic and Electric guitar! I put my amp in overdrive on the electric and it sounded like Jimi Hendrix playing Yankee Doodle. Awesome!
One lesson and I'm jammin'!

Stay dry.
Kelly 8)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ah yes. Birthdays. On the occasion of his 80-something birthday, an imbibing Herb Caen of the SF Chronicle pronounced, slurringly, "what I say is, as long as ya gotta get older, might as well get as old as you can."

I think time does accelerate -- would like to find a variator that efficient. But what years lack in leisure now, they more than make up for in flavor. For instance, here's a middle-aged guy development: this year I made a serious upgrade, from a red 944 Porsche to a 2003 AN400. Yes. One of the with-it-est moves ever. Insurance down, maintenance way down, good fellowship up, fun way up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts