Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Re: Majesty info

Braking with discs at front and rear is up to the stopping requirements of a machine with this type of performance capabilities. Very easy to use parking brake on the near the left handgrip.
I wondered what that lever was for. The salesman didn't have any idea.
You make the scooter sound very good. Still I wish is was the 500cc.
I really liked how narrow it was.

·
Premium Member
11,295 Posts
Re: Majesty info

MSF RiderCoach said:
{snipped]
Owners manual very complete, with detailed intructions and illustrations for removing and replacing body panels.

Cons:
There is no power outlet underseat for cellphone or accessories. It will be a challenge to figure out how to safely secure the scooter on a trailer for transport, as there is no rear rack to use as tie-down points and the handlebars are covered with panels.

Availability is somewhat limited due to demand exceeding dealer supply.
Hi Ron

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Great report on the Majesty, I hope you will continue to share your experience with us.

It appears that Suzuki could take a leaf out of Yamaha's book on the panel removal - there is nothing in the owners manual.

Tie down - Canyon dancer?

Valve clarances - is it 'shim under bucket'?

Regards

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
pauljo said:
Tom,

Or, we could just wait and wait until some motorcycle or scooter magazine gets around to doing a comparison test... :roll:
Dec.04 Cycle Canada magazine page 42 :wink:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just picked up a Majesty a few days ago. I have never ridden any scoot larger than a 2003 Honda Reflex 250, which I was not impressed by mainly due to the ride quality, or lack thereof and although I love my little 50cc Vento Triton, there really is no comparison. Sitting back to back on the showroom floor, I felt a little bit more comfortable on the Majesty seat vs. the Burgman 400, although I really liked the floor boards, passenger seat of the Burgman much better. The main difference I noticed that made up my mind was Yamaha's suspension felt more firm and sporty. It gave me the impression that I would feel more confidence on twisty the roads that I ride frequently.

Once free to ride home, the Majesty impressed me immediately. The familiar thumper pulses pushed me around the parking lot for a few rounds to get the handling characteristics before attacking rush hour traffic for the 30 mile trek home. The ride was quite smooth and very satisfying. The brakes have a nice feedback and around corners it gives great confidence. It almost seems to just snap into the right line with little need for correction. Acceleration seemed fine, although I am hardly touching the throttle on the brand new motor. I am very curious what a WOT will do. I know not to expect too much, but maybe I will be surprised :p

<Next day> After a few minutes to warm up, I was anxious to ride the scoot again. Gliding around town was just bliss. Bumpy roads seem to transfer through the chassis with more of a jolt than on the FZ1 ... not sure if it is the seating position, the longer travel or the bigger wheels ... or all of the above. But it is only minor difference. When not hitting bumps the Majesty is much more confortable. After several hours of riding and cooling down I decided to get up on the freeway for a sample run ... I was quite impressed with the 400cc motor's ability to get up to speed. I didn't notice a visible change in speed around me, but the speedo indicated 80mph in no time ... no neck breaking acceleration, but nice enough to be satisfying. I was also quite impressed to be able to fit my full faced helmet and Miline kevlar re-inforced leather riding jacket (hard to fold up) easily under the seat with room to spare ... nice!

<Yet another day> Curiousity is playing with my mind now and I need to ride the same road with the FZ1 then the Majesty back to back. With already 15k miles on the FZ1, I am quite familiar with its characteristics, but after riding the Majesty for 2 days, I started feeling like I was missing something ... just not sure what. After returning from both rides it was quite clear that the Maxi Scoots are simply great machines. In the corners both handle very well with the FZ1 feeling more aggressive while the Majesty felt more poised and relaxed. A feeling of bliss keeps coming to mind when trying to think of the words that explain cruisin through the trees, following the twists and turns, the faint pulse of the thumper pushing me along. Of course accelerating out of a corner is no contest, but I am not trying to compete the two, just understand how close scooters have come to satisfying a big motorcycle market.

With 350 miles now and I am quite happy with my purchase ... no buyers remorse. I have to admit that I was a bit worried about a long term commitment to a Maxi Scooter. Today I rode on the highway for 45 miles staying around 60-70 to keep the revs just under 5000 rpm. Besides a little buffeting from crosswinds, the scoot performs, well ... majestically :angel11: It reminded me of a small airplane with the purr of the motor and the near constant engine speed. I found myself disappointed when I arrived home. I guess that is how you are supposed to feel when you have had fun on a motorcycle. Bottom line for me is that I am nearly convinced that I will sell the FZ1 this spring, but only because this Majesty has shown me that fun doesn't require 143 horsepower. With such a great all around scoot, I will probably just look for a track bike and take the knee dragging to the track.

I still don't know who I will ride with now ... I guess I can go back to the Southern Cruisers. I looked for some scooter clubs in San Antonio but found nothing. I have seen several Burgman riders around, but never had a chance to talk to any. Most of my sportbike crowd still don't know I have the Majesty and I can only imagine the comments. I guess that is just the way it goes when you do something different. So far I am loving different!

·
Premium Member
11,295 Posts
Hi Tex

What a great synopsis and thanks for sharing - I really hope you stick around, and welcome to the Forum :hello2: - (I missed your first post the other day - sorry.)

:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had no idea anyone else knew "Kentucky Fried Movie" but my friends and I. "The Poisonous Fish, it will kill you faster than a bullet". My favorite movie of all time.

ekp

·
Premium Member
11,295 Posts
ekp said:
I had no idea anyone else knew "Kentucky Fried Movie" but my friends and I. "The Poisonous Fish, it will kill you faster than a bullet". My favorite movie of all time.

ekp
:scratch: Please explain for the less than accomplished mental athlete please. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
NormanB
It's just a fairly obscure movie from 1977 that consists of many short and very funny skits. My friends and I used to watch this movie frequently and at one time could probably dialog the whole movie. thats all.
ekp

21 - 30 of 30 Posts