Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Does the 2005 model look better than the 2002-2004 model?

• Yes, it looks better.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It looks as good as before.

• No recognisable difference.

• It looks equally as a bad as before.

• I'm afraid to say that it looks worse.

• Public flogging for the Suzuki design team.

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With pictures of 2005 650s being posted by active eagle-eyed members, it’s clear that the overdrive and other minor updates are offered alongside minor aesthetic changes. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so I wondered who preferred the semi-clear rear lenses, clear front indicators, and body coloured front central fairing panel of the 2005 model over the previous set-up.

I’ll go out on a limb here, and say that I am not convinced that it’s an all out improvement, but that’s just me. It’d be good to hear your thoughts.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I like it. I never did care for the black plastic nose job. It looked cheap. The body colored panel looks better, in my opinion. As for the turn signal lenses, it's a minor improvement but not really noticeable to most people. Only to the Burgie fans. Just like the old VW Bugs -- everyone thought they looked the same, but as an enthusiast I could tell a '65 from a '66 from a '67.

Truth be told, I think the svelte 400 is more stylish. The sleeker nose and the angled 'slash' of the rear side panels just works well together. It looks more aerodynamic. The lardy 650, though, has more of a blunt nose, and looks more blocky. But that's a retentive automotive design engineer's opinion. :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
What Frugality said.
Ditto :!:
At least for the silver model.

With the blue the front panel changes are pretty subtle.

Same applies to the lenses.
Looks cool with silver.

Blue looks good with clear or orange lenses.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Love the way the 05's look. :D

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
The only thing that "pushes my button" is the clear turn lenses. Other than that, I prefer the non-color-matched nose. To me it's 1 plus, 1 minus. A draw.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Having had the chrome Suzuki nose piece installed on my black 650, I think they should have made the chrome standard rather than the body-colored piece. I think that simple change made a major improvement to my bike.
I prefer the solid red and amber lenses. The clear "Euro" style lenses look too "add on".
Don

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the feedback, Gents. It seems that the '05 should be pulling in a few more orders from the US, so we'll have to make space for a few more members. :wink:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Like it !

Well, the overdrive and other technical features are the real plusses in my book, but I must say I think the subtle design changes are also good. In fact, I was considering incorporate a new nose piece on my 2003 Burgman, assuming the silver is the same.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
frugality said:
...Truth be told, I think the svelte 400 is more stylish. The sleeker nose and the angled 'slash' of the rear side panels just works well together. It looks more aerodynamic. The lardy 650, though, has more of a blunt nose, and looks more blocky. But that's a retentive automotive design engineer's opinion. :wink:
It's definitely a "different stokes for different folks" kind of thing. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and all that.

One reason I picked the 650 over the 400 and the Silverwing was precisely because of the more blunt front end. I've always liked the look of Goldwings and the Kawasaki police motors of the 1980s. I hate the Honda Ruined...er, Rune, and other bikes that look like they melted in the hot sun.

I'd like the 650 even better if the muffler and the bottoms of the trunk/fenders were parallel to the ground instead of angled up, but that's a matter of preference again. I love the look of the proposed BMW 850 scooter, but others don't. To each his own.

·
Registered
250 Posts
FWIW, on the blue 650s I happen to prefer the amber indicator lenses and black front panel.

Not that I had any choice when I bought mine :(

[I wouldn't dream of adding more chrome to this beauty, but that's just my own preference. At least we have the choice. Each to his own.]

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
chiefkeefe said:
FWIW, on the blue 650s I happen to prefer the amber indicator lenses and black front panel.

Not that I had any choice when I bought mine :(
I'm thinking of swapping out my amber lenses and black fascia for the new ones. (I think the clear lenses and silver fascia look better on a silver bike, but agree that amber lenses look better on the blue bikes).

If I do get new ones I'll offer the old ones to the highest bidder. :wink:

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Just so happens...

Brian,

It just so happens I need the black facia and a both amber lenses! Maybe that will make your decision easier? :mrgreen:

Dee

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Re: Just so happens...

ScubaGirl said:
Brian,

It just so happens I need the black facia and a both amber lenses! Maybe that will make your decision easier? :mrgreen:

Dee
I'm going to my dealer on Saturday to look around, and I'll check prices then. If it looks like a go I'll let you know. Since you're rebuilding, and not just wanting to change the look, I'll give you priority.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Thanks!

Thanks! I appreciate that! I prefer the clear lenses but I think the orange will look better on the blue burgie...

Enjoy your shopping trip!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts