Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a 650 which seem to be in short supply here in Maryland. I was wondering when the 2005 models come out since it might make sense waiting a bit longer. Any word on changes or improvements for next years model?

Great forum!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I talked to a dealer Saturday. He still thinks the Burgmans will be available for dealer orders in August and delivery in Sept/Oct. The Suzuki dealer show was in June per two area dealers. Suzuki customer service told me the colors would be out in Nov. like last year??

As many ads as there are on cycletrader.com there must be 2004 650s available in some areas. I am going to call some of the ads today and see if they have them in stock.

·
Registered
58 Posts
HI AND WELCOME
I'VE HEARD FROM A COUPLE OF DEALERS THAT THEY ARE ONLY BRING 2500 BURGMAN INTO THE USA A YEAR,SO SOME AREA'S MAY
OR WILL BE IN SHORT SUPPLY
GOOD LUCK
CAN GET IN OHIO - SPECIAL 2004 OTD 6,499
1-800 258-5473

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
There is a new '04 Silver 650 at Extreme Cycle, Salisbury, N.C.

·
Registered
520 Posts
JG said:
I am in the market for a 650 which seem to be in short supply here in Maryland. I was wondering when the 2005 models come out since it might make sense waiting a bit longer. Any word on changes or improvements for next years model?

Great forum!

Thanks
I had my sold out local dealer get mine from another location. They did this and STILL got it for the price I asked. I'm sure glad I asked instead of waiting.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just got mine at C&L Cycle in Eldersburg, Md. I spoke with Adam there and he located one for me after 2 other dealers said they were not available. I would suggest you check with several dealers before you wait.

When you get it, email me and we'll cruise to the ocean, Hun!

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Pappy said:
I had my sold out local dealer get mine from another location. They did this and STILL got it for the price I asked. I'm sure glad I asked instead of waiting.
Yep. Last year I had to have a *Yellow* V-Strom, and a few months later, a *Blue* Burgman. Dealer only had Silver in both. No problem. He swapped with a competing dealer to get me each bike in the color that I wanted. No effect on cost. It only took 1 day to locate what I wanted both times.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
I was at my local dealer here in Ohio today and he told me that the 2005 models will be out next month and from what he had heard Suzuki was introducing the Executive to the US in October or November. He had not had an update on any color changes or new colors.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Casek, that is good to hear. I am scoterless now, except the Elite 150, I took in trade to run errands on around town. Did he indicate the price difference in the Exec and the standard 650? Did someone post earlier that there is a $1,000 US difference in Canada?

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Dealer didn't know any prices yet. He did think that the Executive was quite a bit more than the regular 650.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Boy, can I relate, I have a 98 Tahoe here in Las Vegas. After 1000 miles on my AN 400, average 62MPG intsead of 12 MPG. Drive the Burgman everywhere and haul almost all that I need. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Appreciate all the info regarding the 2005 models

Great participation on this board. I appreciate all the information about my original question starting this thread. My inclination right now is to wait a bit longer for the 2005's to come out. The "Executive" model sounds real appealing based on what I have read from outside of the US where it is currently available. Call me a wimp but I like ABS in my car and truck and would like the same on my bike. Besides, it gives me a few more months to get in shape so I am not one of those "aging fat guys riding a shinney new sccooter" (or was it a shinney fat guy riding an aging scooter.) There is also the possibility of moving up toward the MD/PA line so other dealer options may open up. The Maryland 695 beltway is not my idea of a fun ride in any type of vehicle.

Hope to be riding with y'all real soon

JG

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
I talked with a different dealer to day and he said that Suzuki is having another "Fall" show at the end of August and he expects that they will roll out all of the 2005's to the dealers then. He said to keep checking the Suzuki website as it will be updated right before the dealers get their 2005 info.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Casek, I was told the same thing by Suzuki customer service and a local dealer. The dealer had told me earily a different date. It looks like the same announcement pattern as last year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts