Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

i've been wishing for red for a long time... hot color but where did the backrest go? i take it that type S is for "sport"?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
VERY interesting that Oneida Suzuki is listing the Type S limited edition. Rumor had it that it would be available in Canada this year. Now it may show up in the USA? If it did, I'd like to see it in white. See :

http://burgmanusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2917

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
wow... i like the look of that one. wonder if it will be sold here. that would be great.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
That's a good looking bike. You could probably get a speeding ticket while parked - just 'cause the officer knew you were thinking about going fast... :lol:

I like the black wheels with the white color.

·
Registered
969 Posts
But that little bitty windshield!?

Steve

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
wasions said:
But that little bitty windshield!?

Steve
Less wind resistance. Makes it faster. :twisted:

At 6'6", I like riding with a short windscreen in the Summer. You need a good aerodynamic helmet, and if the wind is hitting you below the base of the helmet, it is fine. The problem occurs when you put on a taller (but not tall enough) windscreen. That's when the buffeting and noise gremlins step in. A good helmet is designed to handle being fully in the wind, but everything changes when the wind hits it somewhere between the chin bar and the top of the helmet. The short windscreen keeps the pressure off of your chest to reduce riding fatigue - that's all it is meant to do. I'd be fine with that short screen in the warm weather, and put a tall aftermarket screen on for the colder months. My V-Strom has a shorty screen about that same size, and I love it in the summer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Type S will be coming to the US in '05. There's been no official announcement from Suzuki on their website about it because it's a "limited" model (much in the same way that there has been no announcement from Suzuki yet regarding the "limited" 20th anniversary editions of the '05 GSX-R 600 and 750 on their website). The limited models for '04 (ie. Hayabusa and GSX-R 1000 Mladain replica) were not announced until well into 2004. Expect the same pattern for the Type S Burgman.

·
Registered
10 Posts
MSRP will be $5849, and you're screwed if you live in California, cuz it'll probably be Non-Cal spec only :evil:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
TypeS,

Where did you locate the MSRP?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I do wish the SuzukiUSA site had some pics that showed the detail of the changes. :(

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
what page of the website is that on? I tried to get there after I hit a wrong arrow but could not. had to come back to here for the link. Are they selling in the US now?

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Don't mind the red, but I don't like the black wheels.
Prefer the aluminum alloy look. Looks kind of "cheaped" down
The blue or silver colours have a lot more class.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I think the black wheels add to the sporty appearance. My V-Strom has black wheels and they go well with the rest of the bike. I think the Type S might look better in real life than it does in the picture too. I hope my dealer gets one so that I can take a look at it.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Okay...I wasn't waiting long enough. LOL going straight to the 400 from the drop down.

·
Registered
270 Posts
2005 red burg 400

:shock: I'm with lilleyen, i don't like the black wheels. I also think the back rest sets the 400 off, and makes it look more like a motorcycle when seen from the rear. The 400 allready sounds to much like a scooter. Now the type S comes along and looks like an over grown 250 honda relex. I do like the color, & i wish suzkui would make more colors in these wonderful scoots. :toothy5:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Re: 2005 red burg 400

doug collins said:
:shock: I'm with lilleyen, i don't like the black wheels.
You like 'em when it's wash day :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Sports model

pauljo said:
I think the black wheels add to the sporty appearance. My V-Strom has black wheels and they go well with the rest of the bike. I think the Type S might look better in real life than it does in the picture too. I hope my dealer gets one so that I can take a look at it.
I saw it in real life at the Toronto show.
Never even went near it.

It looked to me like they took a 400, put cheap wheels on it, dropped the back seat rest and generally put out a cheaped down, but red, version of the an400, and then called it a "Sport" model.

Just didn't turn my crank.

I spent my time fittng my daughter to the new black shiny wheeled 400, and I sat on the 650s all day. :lol:
See my avatar.
To each his own. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts