Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fello Burgmen and women. I've just joined up and must say there are some interesting articles to be read and pictures to view. Here in New Zealand there does not seem to be a large Burgman population but those of us who have purchased are all glad we did. I bought my K3 Silver AN650 in January 05. It had 830kms on the clock having been imported from the States, ex demo bike. I have had bikes for the past 34 years and never thought I would own a scooter having owned Hondas CB350, VFR750, Yamaha 650, Suzukis GS1000 and for the last 10 years K1100 and R1100 BMWs.
I am very pleased with the Burgman, it handles very well, is comfortable and can get up and go. We have some great riding roads around here and the first time I took it north through one of our gorges I had a grin from ear to ear as I was so pleasantly surprised at how well it went. I took my 6'.3 son for a ride a few months back and he had to admit the Burgman was better than he thought it would be. My father in law went for a ride on mine and within a day or two had bought one for himself, he's nearly 75. I have had heated grips and an E450 Givi top box fitted so can carry as much now as I could on the BMW and don't have to take off pannier bags to get into the bike room behind the garage. Will wait a while before considering any further trinkets but from some of the photos I've seen theres plenty of scope for add ons. Garry

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Hi, Garry. Welcome to the ICOBO. :hello2:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Garry. Glad to have you join us.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
HI - welcome Garry.
Look forward to some pics from you. :)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings Garry and welcome to the forum. Congrats on your new ride.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Howdy Garry - Nice Bike! What color did you end up with? That's cool about your Father in Law!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Howdy Garry... that Yamaha 650 I had made my hands go numb every time I rode it. I cain't believe how smooth the K5 650 is... hands ain't got numb yet...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts