Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI, from the yahoo burgman group:
I guess I'll point this person to this site for all the help he needs.

I'm picking up my 2005 Burgman 650 Tuesday or Wednesday when they
get it in from the ware hose they say it has over drive and I don't
know what that is can someone please explain and is there any thing
I need to know about this scooter before I get it, and I seen
Richard I think it was got some saddle bags and I was wonder if you
can tell me what I need to do get the right size straps for the
saddle bags and is there any kind of modifications you have to do
besides the straps. where can I find these bags and others.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
they say it has over drive
I guess you could say "overdrive" if your in auto mode but I don't now.
It still has a CVT trans. and that seems to leave out any kind overdrive I think...
I would like to hear from those who know for sure.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hopefully if this guy joins burgmanusa, we'll find out. I wrote him back and gave him the url to this site. Told him to join the "family" and he'd get all the help he needed.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
hope he takes pictures.
would be cool to see one.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
wonderful, now i want one worse. :cry:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
wilder days said:
I'm picking up my 2005 Burgman 650 Tuesday or Wednesday ...
I'm just guessing that the origional poster of this message is not in the USA since the 2005 Burgman 650s aren't due out till March 2005.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Randy said:
they say it has over drive
I guess you could say "overdrive" if your in auto mode but I don't now.
It still has a CVT trans. and that seems to leave out any kind overdrive I think...
I would like to hear from those who know for sure.
Overdrive is simply achieving a gear ratio of less than 1:1. In other words, it involves the engine turning more slowly than the drive wheel. This has been done in many different ways with both manual and automatic transmissions. With the 650 ecvt, it would involve pully size changes, and reprogramming of the electronic control to invoke the overdrive ratio when appropriate. Not all that difficult to do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2005 burgman 650

hi I’m new here, I’m the guy that wilder days was talking about and I do live in the U.S.A. like i told wilder days I'm getting my bike tomorrow well actually I’m giving them the down payment and will get it three day after tomorrow. But I know you guys find it wired that I can get it before every body else I also can get a tmax., it’s all about calling around I called over 10 dealers to find the 05 burg but the tmax that’s just because I’m friends with my sales person at the dealer. The Burgman is my b-day present.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
If Suzuki is not shipping the 2005 Burgmans to the USA until March 2005 how are you getting one now? Is this an import from Europe? Is it DOT approved for the USA?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: 2005 burgman 650

Happy Birthday !!
Enjoy your present !!
Do you mind telling us (future owners) how much you paid ?
Thanks.
ctxbird said:
hi I’m new here, I’m the guy that wilder days was talking about and I do live in the U.S.A. like i told wilder days I'm getting my bike tomorrow well actually I’m giving them the down payment and will get it three day after tomorrow. But I know you guys find it wired that I can get it before every body else I also can get a tmax., it’s all about calling around I called over 10 dealers to find the 05 burg but the tmax that’s just because I’m friends with my sales person at the dealer. The Burgman is my b-day present.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2005 burgman 650

They just told me they have one at there factory and there one of the biggest dealer in California it’s not an import it’s dot approved and I’m going to work the price out tomorrow. You guy need to just call all the dealers you can that’s what I did, and as soon as I can I will post pictures. Thanks you for the happy birthday wishes Paco.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope to get one soon as well.
Keep us updated once you get it

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Paco, any idea what the asking price of the Tmax is? I wasn't aware that they were/could be imported to the U.S.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi ctxbird,
Welcome to burgmanusa.
Congratulations on tracking an '05 down. You're the first one in the USA to own one!!!!
I'm glad you decided to come check this forum out. I'm sure over time it will prove to be very valuable to you.

"spread the word....about the bird, he's got an "05 burg" !!!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Just wondering if the 05 is in possession or not?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Pinwheel said:
Just wondering if the 05 is in possession or not?
I don't expect there will be a reply until, oh, March maybe?

If it sounds too good to be true it usually is.

·
Registered
14 Posts
wow, 05 burgman was out so soon?

Regarding the Tmax, since USA is a big market, I was wondering why no dealer takes it in? Does USA have Nexus 500? this is another scooter that I am quite interested in? because its the sportz type like the Tmax... :)

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Kruzer said:
wow, 05 burgman was out so soon?
No, I don't think so.

This person said he was going to pick one up, but we haven't heard from him since.

Reliable sources, including Suzuki USA, say the '05 650s will not be out until March 2005.

The '05 400s, on the other hand, are out now I think.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts