Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a white burgman 650 2005 for sale here on the gold coast in Australia with only 1002ks it has only had its first service.
Now the reason i mention this is i would like some feed back on weather you would consider this a bargain because of the low ks ,.Or be wary as it has not been used so thing perish when not used .It could be a money pit further down the line.
I am on the fence with this as i would need to know its history before making a decision
Here in oz a dealer does not have to give you any warranty on any thing over 5 years old .You can buy a warranty from the dealer though ,but they cost $400 and don't cover the full cost of a repair

SO as stated before is this a bargain OR a headache later :confused:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I bought my 2005 650 with 3300 miles on it six months ago. Since then I've added 5k trouble free miles. It runs beautifully and I still have the original front tire on it. I had to replace all the oil and coolant, of course, I'm quite happy with it.

But mine was always garaged and obviously ridden more than yours. Plus I live in perhaps the best climate to store things, warm and bone dry. So I guess it comes down to how yours was stored and the prevailing conditions.

Good luck, I hope this helps.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Depends on the price! If you work on it yourself, flush the coolant replace the thermostat and gasket. Change the engine, tranny, and final drive fluids, and the stopper bolt. run some quality fuel injector cleaner the first tank of gas and ride ride ride. SAFE SCOOTIN Jay

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I bought my 2005 650 with 3300 miles on it six months ago. Since then I've added 5k trouble free miles. It runs beautifully and I still have the original front tire on it.
I'd have no problem riding around town or local with that tire, but if I planned on going over 25 miles away from town I would not feel safe on a tire that old. I'm only saying my fears, it's your tire and your business. :)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I'd have no problem riding around town or local with that tire, but if I planned on going over 25 miles away from town I would not feel safe on a tire that old. I'm only saying my fears, it's your tire and your business. :)
I had it examined by my tire guy, he gave it thumbs up. I've had a couple 300 mile days and even a 650 mile weekend in the desert. Seems fine.

But I've already purchased its replacement. Just need to get it installed.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Bikersmurff

When considering any bike purchase you just about have to rely on how it looks and how it runs to determine whether it is a bargain or not. Replacement parts are always going to be available for the 650. No one buys a motorcycle or scooter without realizing the cost to maintain it. Replace the tires, do the fluids, keep a check for obvious leaks and enjoy the ride. It would help knowing the price to determine if it is REALLY a bargain. When I buy something like that, I always make sure I am not paying for the sellers sentimental attachment..... Like they were selling "Suzuki" the family dog.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts