Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the dealership this morning. Visited with the sales manager for a few minutes. He pulled out his official 2005 Suzuki product book and we looked up the Burgman 650. I noticed the following.

1. The Blue does appear to be a different shade that the '03 blue. A little lighter, and perhaps more metallic. Hard to tell for sure from a picture, but it looked different - and attractive.

2. It clearly stated that the '05 comes with new overdrive, "for better economy at highway speeds".

3. It also stated that a "mileage indicator" has been added to the digital dashboard. According to the sales manager, it will display your mpg while riding.

If I were in the market for a new 650, I think I'd wait for the '05. The Overdrive could definitely be worthwhile, and the mpg indicator might be nice to have. At the least, they'd have to offer a really great deal on a leftover to interest me.

As far as trading my '03 - there's no chance. There just isn't enough in the way of upgrades yet to warrant that. Add ABS, adjustable windscreen, and a bit more power, and I might be tempted. I think we'll see all that within a year or two. Some suspension upgrades would also be nice to see.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hmmm sounds to me like Suzuki was reading our feedback thread to some degree.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Paul,

Sounds like the same list from the Suzuki media site. I'm looking forward to reports on the overdrive performance.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Over drive for the 2005 model??Uhm sounds very interesting but from what could gather no such mention in any of the documents I've read regarding the 2005 model. Maybe this overdrive model is the Executive (chromed pieces, electric mirrors and ABS) that is available in Japan and Europe. I would like to remain optimistic and hope this is true but this has not been substainated by the people I've had conversations with...Western Canadian Suzuki Service rep and my salesperson who attended a Suzuki sales event. The Executive model was not at the Seattle bike show so I think this feature maybe a rumour and not a fact.... :reindeer:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
OK that looks official enough to convince me... thanks! I guess this is what I have to look forward to in March. I held off last years model because I thought the 400 would be the better choice and after riding it for a year, I decided to reward myself with the 650. I can hardly wait. :wink:

·
Registered
5 Posts
pauljo said:
I was at the dealership this morning. Visited with the sales manager for a few minutes. He pulled out his official 2005 Suzuki product book and we looked up the Burgman 650. I noticed the following.

1. The Blue does appear to be a different shade that the '03 blue. A little lighter, and perhaps more metallic. Hard to tell for sure from a picture, but it looked different - and attractive.
This is good news to me and hope it's valid. When I go to suzuki.com and look up the Burgman 650 for '05 it only shows silver, however under the pictures it also shows a blue one. I hate to base a decision on just color but all the more I want one if they have blue ones, hehe. At first I thought maybe just an older model but it also has the white tail lights, something else I think is new for the '05s.
A post further down has a link for the Suzuki media page, I just tried it but was unavailable due to upgrade, hmmm, now I'm curios...

·
Registered
5 Posts
The media site is back up and they definitely show a blue one, very nice IMO. I'm a tad confused though in that it says "Large, comfortable seat with passenger backrest and convenient lever-adjustable rider backrest" but the photos don't show a passenger backrest, I suppose that is still an option.
Also, doesn't mention about the MPG, that would be neat but I am assuming just shows miles traveled, (trip meter)?
Well, have to confess I am anxious now to see a new one ...

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
von & michi wrote

"When I go to suzuki.com and look up the Burgman 650 for '05 it only shows silver, however under the pictures it also shows a blue one. I hate to base a decision on just color but all the more I want one if they have blue ones, hehe. At first I thought maybe just an older model but it also has the white tail lights, something else I think is new for the '05s. "

After reading your post, I looked at the blue 650 photo on the media site next to the photo of the blue 650 from the web site under 2003 models. It really looks like the same photo with the the lens color changed. Even the small shapes on the body surface from the lighting effects is the same. What is the chances of getting the same lighting effects on two different bikes two years apart? Any photo buffs out there got any guesses?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Just a guess here, but the blue color changed from the 2003 to 2004 models. I've not found the color codes for the 2005 models yet ... but it's possible the colors are the same from the 2004 400 to the 2005 650. Here are some samples of the colors :

2003 Burgman 400/650 color
Metallic Space Blue

2004 Burgman 400 color
Deep Sea Blue Metallic

It appears to me the 2004 color has more of a purple tint to it.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
The fuel consumpion indicator sounds rather useful. When the guage is near empty it would be useful to get the maximum mileage out of what is left. Besides I have always wanted to know what is the most efficient speed to fly. It would also be interesting to see how the fuel consumpion changes as the speed increases.

·
Registered
5 Posts
gruntled said:
The fuel consumpion indicator sounds rather useful.
A fuel consumption indicator would be a great addition in my opinion. Curious whether it might be just a bar graph of sorts or an actual MPG readout. My Mom bought one of Toyota's hybrid electric cars a few years back which has a MPG readout. It's pretty cool and when visiting for Christmas we all make a game out of it, vying for the King of Conservation title! (or conversly, we now have statistical proof my younger brother drives with a led foot, ha!). It indicates both current and average consumption.
This is really great news to me, and to learn they will be available in blue afterall, definitely want to go look at one ....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts