Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 60 years and 0ver 200k miles of riding it would seem my days of motorized two wheeling may be over and so the toys need a new home.

Selling: 2005 Bergman 650 with 13,100 miles. Purchased several years ago from elderly gentleman who was original owner. Beautiful dark blue in great condition (see attached pics). Tires and brakes recently replaced and it runs as good as it looks. All fluids replaced less than 200 miles ago. The scooter needs absolutely nothing. No issues whatsoever.

Asking Price is $2,500.00
I live in northern Ohio and have an open trailer so possible delivery may be negotiated depending on distance.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tire Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Fuel tank Automotive tire
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Since posting my 2005 AN650 for sale I have had conversations with some who have suggested that a step down in weight and size might allow a couple more riding seasons. In light of these conversations I would like to amend my post to include that I would consider a trade for an equally well cared for AN400 with someone here desiring something larger and more powerful. Thanks to all for your input and other opinions are certainly welcome.

·
Registered
861 Posts
If this had ABS I'd be all over it, BobBurg. It certainly looks like a beauty, though!

I'm looking for another low mileage first-generation 650 to replace mine when it hits 60,000 miles so I can transfer all the farkles. I could live without my power windshield and mirrors, but the ABS is a "must have" for me.

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If this had ABS I'd be all over it, BobBurg. It certainly looks like a beauty, though!

I'm looking for another low mileage first-generation 650 to replace mine when it hits 60,000 miles so I can transfer all the farkles. I could live without my power windshield and mirrors, but the ABS is a "must have" for me.
Well, I can't put forth a sound argument against ABS, as I'm sure there are situations that can arise where it can be of assistance. Of the 22 bikes I have owned 2 have been equipped with ABS, both Beemers. One was never put to the test and the other I bought inoperative. Have twice found myself in a real serious, death grip on the bars, high speed wet lockup situation (not of my own making lol). First on my 1979 800 pound Honda cruise missile CBX, the other on the very AN650 that I am now selling. The former I survived through sheer luck and the intervention of the cyclegods, but in the latter, the Berg slid straight and true and I continued on my way (a few expletives and a hand gesture included).

But bottom line...Everyone needs to ride what they are comfortable being on or it ain't fun. And when it's no longer fun, may as well just climb in the trusty minivan , crank up the stereo and air and go get a latte. Stay safe, have fun and ride FOREVER!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts