Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One too many maxi scooters so this one has to go. This is a 2005 Burgman 400 Type S. Suzuki only made a limited number of the 400 Sport in 2005 and 2006. The Type S included chrome handle bars, a rear spoiler, blacked out wheels, and white gauges. The only color available was red. This bike has 11,700 original miles and is in great shape. The scooter has just had the following maintenance items within the past hundred miles: Oil and filter change, final drive oil change, air filter cleaned, new NGK sparkplug, brake master cylinder rebuilt, new front brake disk, brake fluid changed, engine coolant changed, new clutch fan filter. That covers all of the maintenance items for this machine. The motorcycle needs nothing except gasoline (60 mpg) for the next several years. The tires are about ½ worn, and the drive belt is in very good condition. Top speed for this touring scooter is 95 mph and it will easily keep up with any traffic. The fully automatic transmission makes it easy to drive and the low seat height makes it easy for anyone to balance. For added safety this Burgman also includes Signal Dynamics Corporation’s modulating headlight controls and their “Back Off” brake light wig-wag brake light module. For added comfort this Burgman has an aftermarket GIVI tall windscreen and I will include the original short windshield. The only other 2005 Burgman 400 Sport that I could locate for sale in the US was priced at $3,000. We are asking $2,850 for this fun, practical scooter. The scooter is located in Spring Hill FL (about 40 minutes north of Tampa FL) http://s1332.photobucket.com/user/FraudDog/library/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I am in Hudson and I see you do your maintenance but was wondering who you would recommend in pasco/hernando area. I have the 2006 400s and love it. Also do you have and recommendation for front tire. I lost a thread on advice for that. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have never had any work done at any local shop, but purchased parts at Barny's in Brooksville. If I needed service I would call Motorcycle Enthusiasts Inc at 352-596-8028. They are located on US 19 in Spring Hill. These guys are really easy to deal with and I have heard nothing but good stuff about them since I moved here 12 years ago. They are an English MC dealer, but I have heard folks with other bikes rave about them. Like I said, never used anyone for service (I am retired and have messed with cars and bikes all my life for fun), but I hear both places are really good.

I have nothing but good luck with the factory tires. I am no fan of Bridgestone car/truck tires, but the Hoop OEM tires have been good to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts