Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do they keep the colors for 2005 secret? They are already produced, where do they hide them? No spy photos?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Roy I was wondering the same thing. I have not heard or seen anything. You would think some word on changes would be floating around. Not even really any speculation going on. One dealer told me they were changing the 650 a little but no changes to the 400. He could not tell me what the changes might be. So that was just about as good as telling me nothing. Many of the other bikes that Suzuki sells have been updated on the website to the 05 models but not the Burgman. Oh well just a waiting game I guess.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Exactly what is a IC key? Also anyone heard any updates on possible changes?

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Chief_O. said:
Exactly what is a IC key? Also anyone heard any updates on possible changes?
I think this (IC) is an immobiliser circuit in the key so that the machine can only be started with the key in the ignition switch, an anti- device.

However I guess this will be an expensive exercise for the consumer if it was ever lost (more so than the magnetic coded shutter lock). I doubt it will lower insurance premiums either - cynic that I am. :wink:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Chief_O. said:
Roy I was wondering the same thing. I have not heard or seen anything. You would think some word on changes would be floating around. Not even really any speculation going on. One dealer told me they were changing the 650 a little but no changes to the 400. He could not tell me what the changes might be. So that was just about as good as telling me nothing. Many of the other bikes that Suzuki sells have been updated on the website to the 05 models but not the Burgman. Oh well just a waiting game I guess.
It will be interesting to see what they change, and particularly if it has any effect on range/weight. It needs (as does the 400) about another gallon capacity (my opinion).

·
Registered
209 Posts
NormanB said:
I think this (IC) is an immobiliser circuit in the key so that the machine can only be started with the key in the ignition switch, an anti- device.

However I guess this will be an expensive exercise for the consumer if it was ever lost (more so than the magnetic coded shutter lock). I doubt it will lower insurance premiums either - cynic that I am. :wink:
I suspect Norman's correct. If so, I have something like that on my Ford Explorer. The car came with 2 keys and I asked about a third. I was told that I could order one for $45. Needless to say, I decided that 2 keys were enough. On the other hand, because it had a "passive anti-theft device", there was a 10% discount on the "comprehensive" (i.e. theft, fire, trees falling on the car, etc.) portion of my insurance.

·
Registered
969 Posts
NormanB said:
It will be interesting to see what they change, and particularly if it has any effect on range/weight. It needs (as does the 400) about another gallon capacity (my opinion).
Make that two - or better yet SIX! I just don't think I should have to stop. Stopping is dumb.

Steve

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
wasions said:
NormanB said:
Make that two - or better yet SIX! I just don't think I should have to stop. Stopping is dumb.

Steve
I agree with the sentiment of an additional six but do you not think the 650 with an aditional 60ish lbs of fuel would really be getting too lardy?

Most people need a comfort stop well before they run out of fuel. In many cases with the current capacity you have to refuel 'just in case' which is not always convenient. I think an extra gallon would significantly reduce the necessity for these type of pitstops.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
If the trade-off would be relinquishing trunk space in return for additional fuel capacity - I'd be opposed. I utilize every bit of existing trunk capacity when touring. And like others, have stated, my bladder and/or my butt usually need a break within the range of the existing tank.

My V-Strom has a 5.8 gallon tank, and gets 43-44 mpg. That's about perfect. If they could fit a 5.5 gallon tank to the AN650 without compromising trunk space, I'd like that.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Not being one to push it, about how much mileage should I expect to get out of my last flashing bar on the fuel gauge going highway speeds of about 70-75 mph. I'd like to know if I ever get caught in a service station jam.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
jkrerol15 said:
Thanks. So that would be somewhere between 35-45 miles to be on the safe side.
Lowest mileage I've gotten, loaded for touring and running at 80 mph, was 38 mpg. I typically get about 40 mpg when touring at high speed. Normal everyday riding I get about 47 mpg. My best has been 51 mpg. Running at a constant high speed (over 70 mph) causes the mileage to drop considerably.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Has anyone else tried their magnetically coded shutter key on anyone else's bike. Mine opens Ann's, and vice-versa. Hers is a 04 400, and mine is an 03 650. What's coded?

The Blue for the 650 is back for 05. It WAS on Suzuki's USA website along with the announcement of the Executive (which is only in silver).

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Robert said:
Has anyone else tried their magnetically coded shutter key on anyone else's bike. Mine opens Ann's, and vice-versa. Hers is a 04 400, and mine is an 03 650. What's coded?

The Blue for the 650 is back for 05. It WAS on Suzuki's USA website along with the announcement of the Executive (which is only in silver).
Rob

That is BIG NEWS you just snuck in there with. We have a poll in the 650 folder running to determine demand for the Exec!

If this is confirmed then the poll has been a wasted effort. But still - a result for the Exec aspirants. :wink:

Edit: I have crawled over that website and did not turn the Exec up. I take it the WAS - 'was relevant'. Maybe they were doing a trial upload to get ready for the big day - tested it and took it back down.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Robert said:

It is very rare to have the same key open the ignition shutter on two bikes in the same vicinity anywhere, much less in one household. I'm no expert on how it works, but I think there is a thread or two in the forum that discuss it. Search for "magnetic".

I just looked at the Suzuki website - no mention of '05 Burgman models. I see you capitalized "WAS". Did they put the info up and then remove it?

·
Registered
611 Posts
I don't know ifthey pulled it or what - but I looked for it to put a link into my note and didn't see it. I had been looking around at different accessories, and it's possible I got there without a link (back typed the browser address and changed info) or something - but I know I read it from their site. It's possible they put the info on the server and didn't put a link to it yet (I do that when I'm making updates myself).

Anyway - the Executive 650 is supposed to come to the states in 05, available only in silver. It comes with the backrest that has "executive" on it, ABS brakes (I could do without), and something else added. The backrest was the only thing I wanted on it. No "changes" to the model were mentioned though. The only thing that really caught my eye was that they were bringing back the blue for the 650, and I think the black is out (not sure). I didn't pay that much attention to it - other than they had it listed as 3 models - the 400, the 650, and the 650 Executive... They also mentioned having taller screens as an option, I know for sure for the 650, but don't remember for the 400...

If I can retrieve the address from my browser history then I'll post it. I've got 4 systems I'll have to look through...

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Robert said:
Has anyone else tried their magnetically coded shutter key on anyone else's bike. Mine opens Ann's, and vice-versa. Hers is a 04 400, and mine is an 03 650.
I forgot to mention that at Scootercade there was a couple with a 650 / 400 combo. They do use the ignition shutter a lot - and their keys won't work on each others scoots. I asked them if I could try my 650 key. It didn't work on either of their scooters. So, I think you do have a rarity.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts