Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
So apart from losing one brake disc and a section of screen, where was the weight saved?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
WOW.... what can I say. IMHO that's dumb to take off one of the brake discs and caliper. For the sake of a few pounds it's seriously compromised braking ability and proportionally makes the remaining disc work much harder. Remember, it's also about heat dissipation and right now, all that heat is in a single front disc.
Simply NOT worth the safety compromise for the sake of a few pounds. The other cosmetic changes don't matter overall, but removing brakes is stupid IMHO.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Thanks Jim, I didn't spot the mirrors.......with the motors, they're probably a few pounds each..............I did see the can change, but figured it may be around the same weight......
...............But I still don't think I'm seeking sufficient differences for the weight loss stated.

So what else have I missed?

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Looks like the Parking Brake
is gone too.
Replaced handlebars...the 650
doesn't come with chrome bars.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Handlebar cover gone......

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Absolutely no difference in braking. I have 5 bikes and all have one front brake. If it did not work they would be back on. Always controversial! Losing weight is beneficial everywhere from moving around in garage to performance.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
If done for weight purposes, I don't see the point really.

But if modded "because you like it" , then I commend you on the mods and making it your own. You've definitely did some things that I've not seen before.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Muffler is a 2005 ZX10. I had to weld transition pipe on. Burg muff was clogged at the cat.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
The seat is the first thing I'd try and change - it weighs a ton compared to my Terry Adcox which is way more comfortable.

I'd like a naked Burgman 650 tho. Lose the tupper ware and turn it into a single rider machine with covered storage behind the rider.

·
Administrator
18,743 Posts
The seat is the first thing I'd try and change - it weighs a ton compared to my Terry Adcox which is way more comfortable.

I'd like a naked Burgman 650 tho. Lose the tupper ware and turn it into a single rider machine with covered storage behind the rider.

I may just do that with my 08. ;)

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Absolutely no difference in braking.
Ok, which then begs the question of "Why would Suzuki even bother to put two brake discs, calipers, etc on the Burgman if it is unnecessary and makes no difference?" Surely the reason wouldn't be to make the bike cost more, weight more and be more expensive?

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Ok, which then begs the question of "Why would Suzuki even bother to put two brake discs, calipers, etc on the Burgman if it is unnecessary and makes no difference?" Surely the reason wouldn't be to make the bike cost more, weight more and be more expensive?
I look at it this way, if it came with one disc, someone would mod it to two discs.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I don't think that's a 2005.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Like everything else brakes are designed for worst case scenario. I would like to build a naked out of it too.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts