Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to remeber someone saying they were going to pick up their 650 soon. I'm looking forward to finding out what changes came with it.

SOOoooo, do we know anything yet?

Thanks and Merry Christmas to one and all!

Rob

·
Registered
728 Posts
That post you're talking about, I believe came form me, which I got from the Yahoo groups. That guy came on burgmanusa once, but never came back to tell us about his "suposedly" new '05 burgman, so maybe he was just full of bull - - - - .
Maybe the yahoo burgman group has alot of kids on it, and this was just one of them looking for attention. Who knows.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I spoke with my dealer here and was told that there wouldnt be any changes for 05

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Yeah, well, it wouldn't be the first time a dealer gave wrong information...

The sales manager at my dealership looked it up in his book and the changes are listed there. However, the Suzuki USA website doesn't mention the changes (I just looked - I thought it did before). And the website lists the '05 colors as Silver and Black - the dealers book says Silver and Blue. Which leads us to the sad fact that the website has been wrong on details before. So who knows? We'll just have to wait and see.

It's really pathetic. The SM I talked to says the dealer new product seminars are pretty worthless also, because the guys briefing them don't really seem to know the product. Last year he asked how fast one scooter could go and he was told "legal highway speeds". He asked how fast that was - they didn't know. Similar answers to other questions. He didn't bother attending the briefings this year.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
pauljo said:
However, the Suzuki USA website doesn't mention the changes (I just looked - I thought it did before).
The Suzuki Media site lists the 2005 650 changes as :

* Center section of front cowl changed from black color to body color for improved appearance
* Turn signal lens changed to white color for improved appearance
* New transmission Over-Drive feature for better fuel economy at highway speeds
* Fuel consumption indicator, temperature indicator and Over-Drive indicator added to the instrument panel

The colors are listed as Silver and Blue.

See :

http://www.media.suzuki.com/mc/model.js ... pe=scooter

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Paul, how did you find that page?
I've been clicking on all things Burg for days and never saw it.

Very informative, if we can believe what's shown. :)
So maybe there is an overdrive coming.

Maybe I should wait for the 2005's instead of grabbing a 2004.
How much more could it be $500? Worth it maybe in gas savings over the long haul.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
pauljo said:
The sales manager at my dealership looked it up in his book and the changes are listed there. However, the Suzuki USA website doesn't mention the changes (I just looked - I thought it did before). And the website lists the '05 colors as Silver and Black - the dealers book says Silver and Blue.
At the T.O. show they had 650s in Blue and Silver and the 400s in Black and Silver. Well, I didn't see a silver 400 but it was insinuated.

I did plunk my daughter down on a black 400, and there was of course the red "Sport" model. PPPhhhh! :roll:

I think for 2005 it is 650s.... blue or silver, and 400s.... black, silver or red.
At least in Canada. Maybe in the US it's different.

I DO wish Suzuki would get their act together! :x
I bet the dealers wish it too.
Great machinery, lousy PR!

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
lilleyen said:
Paul, how did you find that page?
I've been clicking on all things Burg for days and never saw it.
Just surfed the entire Suzuki web site. MSRP is another $100. Actual dealer price may vary.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
billmeek said:
pauljo said:
However, the Suzuki USA website doesn't mention the changes (I just looked - I thought it did before).
The Suzuki Media site lists the 2005 650 changes as :

* Center section of front cowl changed from black color to body color for improved appearance
* Turn signal lens changed to white color for improved appearance
* New transmission Over-Drive feature for better fuel economy at highway speeds
* Fuel consumption indicator, temperature indicator and Over-Drive indicator added to the instrument panel

The colors are listed as Silver and Blue.

See :

http://www.media.suzuki.com/mc/model.js ... pe=scooter

Hi Bill,
I went into the Suzuki dealers the other day and asked him about the overdrive thing.
I forgot to take with me the printout from that site to "prove" to him that we are getting overdrive.
He went to the Suzuki website from his store computer and printed out the spec sheet to show me.

No overdrive!

Just went back to the media site to have a look see. Still says overdrive, BUT... it also says .....

" Automotive-style instrument display with analog tachometer, speedometer, fuel gauge, temperature gauge, plus LCD odometer/tripmeters and clock".

Looks like they just copied the specs form the 400 spec sheet and pasted them in here.

All of a sudden I'm glad I didn't take that sheet to the dealers.

Who can we believe?

Confused :?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I read somewhere that the 650 Executive was going to have an adjustable windscreen. Has anyone else heard or read this? That would be really nice if we could get that here in the USA. I know the Executive is only available in Europe and Asia.

Janine :(

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
JKerstinJ said:
I read somewhere that the 650 Executive was going to have an adjustable windscreen. Has anyone else heard or read this? That would be really nice if we could get that here in the USA. I know the Executive is only available in Europe and Asia.

Janine :(
It's been confirmed . One of your European members even provided a link to pics of proving the controls exist on the handle bars.

Like you said.....Too bad It won't be coming here next year.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Rick,

Believe what you see when the 2005's hit the floor. As it's been said before, it's all rumor until you see it. I however, will bet the 2005's will have the overdrive. The person doing the web site may have cut and pasted that line about the displays. There's no way they cut and pasted the overdrive line for the 400 though.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Have the 04 Lardys got electric wing mirrors?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
No I just ordered vanilla! :wink:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

·
Premium Member