Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help. I have a seal leaking on my right fork. I have the forks off. I have the top cap off. I have the oil drained and what not. The bottom cylinder bolt is being a bit of a pain. I even tried putting the top cap back on an continued to loosen, to no avail. The bolt didn't shear, it just doesn't come out. I'm not sure sure how this particular strut works on the inside. Thanks in advance for any help given.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Can't help you much with how to get the bolt out. I've never tried to remove that bolt on either of my Burgmans. What I do know is that others have posted it is a pain to get out. Something about the part it screws into turning as you turn the bolt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In case anyone is interested; I solved the problem. The manual calls for a special tool, that looks like a tapered gear. I took a broom handle and whittled the end to a taper and jammed it into the inner cylinder and held all of that stuff tight while I unscrewed it. I was even able to torque it back when putting everything back together.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
A little ingenuity can work miracles.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I have been lucky enough to be able to fix all my fork seal leaks with a fork seal tool and not have to disassemble them.
Glad you found a way to get your fixed with your ingenuity!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Thank you for posting a follow-up to your problem. Often people ask for help and we never from them again. Now we not only know you fixed your fork, we also know how to make the tool to hold the inner cylinder. Great when you can solve a problem for free. :hello1: Stick around there's a lot of good information can be learned here. And even though no one could help you with this problem that is a rarity. Most questions are answered pretty quick. We need you here to help the next person rebuilding their forks. We might forget how you held the inner cylinder but you won't. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts