Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Just received my service manual in the mail and it's leading me to believe that my new silver 400 (purchased in May05) is an 04 vs 05. Any way I can confirm this? All my paperwork/title says 05 but looking at the manual some of the featues make me think it's an 04. Particularly the mention of an immobilizer system in the key. Also, my vin # has K4 in it and the manual references SK5 for O5's. Manufacture date is 10/04. Guess it could be an early 05.

Not gonna change my mind about the bike - still love it, but will certainly go back to the dealer with a major misrepresentation complaint. I've never been impressed with their knowledge of the bike and it's features. I knew more about it from reading the suzuki site and this one than even the service techs.

I remember reading a couple posts discussing this very thing but cannot find them again.

Anyway, any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Does it have white (clearish) or amber (yellow) front and rear turn signal lenses?

K4=Yellow turn signal lenses
K5=Clear turn signal lenses

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The lenses are white. Looks like an 05 - Great
Thanks for the assist.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Sorry to bust your bubble, but the 04 Burgman's had clear turn signal lenses. Honest!! The build date on my Burgman is Jan of 04 and the lenses are clear. Also, my front "facia" under the windshield is black, indicating it is a true 04. If yours is body color, it's an 05.

Yeah, I know what Suzuki said, but the "clear lenses for 05" only applies to the 650.

So you are back to square one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the clear lenses and the black facia

Looks like I get to make some long distance calls and mail some nasty letters. I'm in Guam and the dealership is back in Ohio. Again, not that I'm unhappy with the bike, just a truth in advertising thing.
Thanks all for the comments

·
Registered
484 Posts
Iwannacobra, where in Ohio is your dealer?

Sounds like you gotta real complaint with the year of the bike.. Don't know what can be done about it, but if you don't get what you would call satisfaction, I'd contact the Ohio Atty General's office with your complaint.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I live in Ohio...and don't mind visiting your dealer on your behalf.

Also, on the tag that is above the gas filler door, their will be a build date on that tag. What is it?

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Dumb Dee Dumb Dee Dumb. Yup - there's good case in point! Pete's absolutely worthless advice! :oops:

Oh dear. Geeze - I thought only 05's has clear turn signal thingies...but I also thought that the K4 thingie in the vin deal was wierd too. Shoulda known better than ta run my mouth aboutta 400.

·
Registered
553 Posts
bechtoea said:
Sorry to bust your bubble, but the 04 Burgman's had clear turn signal lenses. Honest!! The build date on my Burgman is Jan of 04 and the lenses are clear. Also, my front "facia" under the windshield is black, indicating it is a true 04. If yours is body color, it's an 05.

Yeah, I know what Suzuki said, but the "clear lenses for 05" only applies to the 650.

So you are back to square one.
I dont know fellas, mine is suppose to be an 05 and it has clear lenses and I"m not sure what "facia" is but the only thing under the windshield is black and runs up to the dash and my 400 is silver. mfg date 10/04 and the vin # has K4.
Steve

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2004 vs 2005?

Hi all,
Thanks for the responses. I've been swamped at work and have not taken time to keep up with the forum. To answer a few questions:
1. manufacture date says 10/04. Vin has K4 in it
2. Title and all paperwork, to include the maunal say 05 or K5.
3. What I believe to be the facia is body color (silver in this case). I'm refering to the plastic right below (not behind) the windshield. This piece also has the Air hole/intake/vent through it. The part I previously believed to be the facia is what I'd now call the equivalent of a dash board behind the windshield (covers the instruments)is black.
4. Purchased at Competetion Accessories in Springfield Ohio.
5. Only reason I even suspected it was an 04 were a few non-existent references in the manual to an Oil Level viewing window. Then I purchased a Service Manual (dangerous in my ameture hands). References to the 05 all discuss an immobilizer indicator light. None present (little lite in a key shape) on my Burg.
Anyway, If any of this helps you identify my year for me, I'd appreciate it. I'd rather not call the dealership and Suzuki without being "armed".
Thanks all for the responses and help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts