Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been quoted a price of $10,000 out the door for a new '04 an650.
What differences, if any to the '05?
This is in Canadian funds so I feel it is a pretty good price. :?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
For '05, the 650 has a redesigned CVT with a higher final ratio, which Suzuki refers to as an overdrive. The manual mode has gone from a 5-speed to a 6-speed. Owners are reporting slightly higher fuel mileage on the '05s as a result.

The instruments have also changed a little. There is now an ambient air temperature gauge and a fuel mileage gauge, although the latter quits counting at 50MPG (in US Gallons) and as we all know even on '03 can do better than that.

The clutch force was reduced to lessen the jerkiness during engine braking a little bit.

Stuff like that. Nothing earth-shattering.

The biggest change was that 30 650 Executives (AN650A) made it to Canada in '05, and they have the electric folding mirrors and the electrically adjustable windshield.

I'm hoping the US will get them next year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
04 Burgman 650

Thanks Brian. Do you feel it is a good price for the ride? It works out to about $8000.00 U.S..
Kevin

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
According to this morning's exchange rates that works out to about $8,300 U.S. out the door.

That would be not too bad for an '05, but seems pretty steep for an '04. The parts are all a year older, even if it has just been sitting in a cool dry place. It doesn't have OD, which seems to add about 5+ mpg (about 2+ kpl) as well as some nice styling details...

We paid $7,700 each, $9,200 cn, o-t-d for 2 of them. I've heard of folks getting even better deals, though not good enough for us to travel or ship cross country.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Just ran across this in the classifieds.
http://burgmanusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7535

$6,800 ought to work out to about $8,300 cn. The difference would finance a great road trip, get you an '05 with extended warranty, and it is already broken in!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Re: 04 Burgman 650

knjh said:
Thanks Brian. Do you feel it is a good price for the ride? It works out to about $8000.00 U.S..
It seems a little high, but not a deal breaker if that's what you want.

But then, I paid about $8,000 for my unused '03 in June of '04, so you can't go by me. Financing and service were more important to me than price (within reason).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts