Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been some comments on the Yahoo site that Suzuki was giving dealers a rebate to sell 650s. Tomorrow, I am going to try to purchase a 2003 400 to replace my 650.

Does anyone have a direct info on the 2003 rebates or spoken to a dealer who acknowledged the rebates?

Roy was 650 soon to be 400 tn usa

·
Registered
55 Posts
Roy,

The rebate is for dealers, not for purchasers. I wouldn't cloud the negotiations by trying to include that. Just go to cycletrader.com and find the lowest-priced new Burgman you can find. Print it out and bring it to your dealer. That's how I negotiated my price, and the process was relatively painless. I bargained only on "out the door" price. I made it clear that whatever price we agreed upon would include freight, setup, processing fee, taxes, and ALL other dealer and licensing charges.

Hope you get a great deal,
Dave

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The local dealer I wanted to buy a 400 from claimed his cost was $4,749. I find that hard to believe since other dealers are selling them for $4,599 to $4,688 on the internet. Granted those dealers may be adding other charges to their prices, but one claims their price is the final price with no add ons. I might wait and buy a '04. It is winternow anyway.

I guess they will start delivering 04's in March or April?

·
Registered
55 Posts
My dealer told me something similar. When I told him the other price was "all inclusive" (it was from another dealer in my state), he replied, "well they must be losing money selling it at that price." I guess my dealer lost money too, because that's the price he ended up selling it to me for. :lol:

Stand your ground and be prepared to walk out (as you did). I would travel a couple hundred miles to save a few hundred dollars.

roy_ryall said:
The local dealer I wanted to buy a 400 from claimed his cost was $4,749. I find that hard to believe since other dealers are selling them for $4,599 to $4,688 on the internet. Granted those dealers may be adding other charges to their prices, but one claims their price is the final price with no add ons. I might wait and buy a '04. It is winternow anyway.

I guess they will start delivering 04's in March or April?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts