Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to get an 03 or 04. I prefer the black 04 but think I can get a pretty good deal on the blue 03.

Is there any differences in the year models? I know there was some changes on the 400 regarding the glove doors. Does this apply to the 650 as well? Anything else? Other than a fix for the diesel idle... Any suggestions on what the price difference "ceiling" should be. I know roy decided that a difference of $500-$700 meant he would go for the 04 for resale.

I apologize if this has been covered, but I couldn't find anything on it...

Any thoughts... I'm very excited and will probably head in this weekend to buy, just need to decide which one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I went with the 04

I was in the same situation on a Burger 400, but the deal fell through on the 03...end result, I ended up with an 04 for a bit more (about $600)...but I'm quite happy with it. It's mostly psychological because the bikes themselves are virtually identical...but there's still something about having the latest year. I have no regrets!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Mr. spendthrift

Always go for the cheaper price. You save money today. Resale value is overated. Go with the best deal. Save money today. Their is no differences on the O3 and 04 model with the exception of CA emissions. Dealers make their money off warranties, another big rip off. Buy a used Burgman and save big-time. AS soon as any vehicle leaves the lot the value goes way down. Most of the 650's are selling for $5100 with less than 300 miles, on ebey. What were these people thinking when they spent so much money without even riding their bike. People buy motorcycle on emotion. I personally want to ride a bike and check it out before I would let go of my hard earned money. Remember this is just recreation for most of us.

·
Registered
21 Posts
For the most part I do agree with what you said Jay. I think that most motorcycles are regarded more as "toys" over here, as opposed to true transportation as it is in Europe/Asia. So, of course, as soon as you ride off the lot there is a huge depreciation hit. Knowing this from my prior motorcycle experience, I actually wanted to buy a USED Burgie...unfortunately, there aren't that many out there. My next choice was to pick up an '03 model...but the one dealer that offered me some real savings didn't have the color I wanted. Everyone else with a 2003 Burgman was only willing to give me a $200-$300 break over an 04. In that case, I just went with the 04...

·
Registered
69 Posts
You bought something you really love so I say enjoy it. I love the Burgman and am sure you have a great time with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts