Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

2003 Mirror Replacement

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  dogboy 
#1 ·
Hello

I can't find anything on the forum or on Youtube about how to remove a 2003 Burgman 650 mirror which is a little surprising.

Some oik has broken mine and I need to take it apart to see if I can fix it or if I need to replace it. ANy video or photos of what to expect would be welcome!

Many thanks

Iain

#2 · (Edited)
Here you go mate,

Did just the reflective glass break or the whole mirror arm ?

If just the reflective glass broke take a sheet of paper and exact-o knife a template of the reflective glass and take the template to a glass shop and have them cut you a new one then get six inches of double sided foam tape and adhere the new over the old.

#3 ·
Mirror arm unfortunately. I need to get the whole thing off. It's swinging in the wind at the moment! It's not the Executive, so I assuming it's fairly easy to unscrew and replace, but I'd like to know about any shortcuts and the bare minimum amount of plastic that I have to remove to fix it!

Iain

#5 ·
I think all you must remove is the handlebar cover then the top glove cubby box. Then there is a rubber dust shield over the screws holding the mirror on, and 1 electrical connector. LeDudes Center has the guide for this.

My son moved my Burgman over 5 inches closer to the garage door. Problem was the garage door was up and the left mirror was now 1 inch inside the doors drop. Snapped the mirrors bracket when we closed the garage door...

I was able to use a padded pry bar under the mirrors glass to pop it out of the swivel socket in back, take the bracket and JB Weld epoxy it together. It lasted till I crashed that Burgman and broke the outside part of that mirror. But the bracket did not snap.
I do not have any pictures. This was back in 2009 or so.

#6 · (Edited)
I think all you must remove is the handlebar cover then the top glove cubby box. Then there is a rubber dust shield over the screws holding the mirror on, and 1 electrical connector. LeDudes Center has the guide for this.

My son moved my Burgman over 5 inches closer to the garage door. Problem was the garage door was up and the left mirror was now 1 inch inside the doors drop. Snapped the mirrors bracket when we closed the garage door...

I was able to use a padded pry bar under the mirrors glass to pop it out of the swivel socket in back, take the bracket and JB Weld epoxy it together. It lasted till I crashed that Burgman and broke the outside part of that mirror. But the bracket did not snap.
I do not have any pictures. This was back in 2009 or so.
I first went to LeDudes site and when I clicked Mirror all I got was a mirror emoji.

MCool,

I always try to get get this website in the hands of all early B650 owners....you will be amazed:

#8 ·
I recently had to replace the right mirror on my 2012 AN650 I followed the instructions for removing the Handlebar Covers and the Front Panel. Then you can get at the bolts holding the mirror to the frame. Since you don't have the Executive, you won't have to mess with the cable for the motor, but you still have the cable for the turn signal. You have to reach way under the windshield to unclip the existing one and plug in the new one. It's a pain in the rear but take your time and you can get it done. Make sure you have good lighting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.