Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Pay half that price and take a gamble if she goes **** up and recoup the money on parts if the worst happens, if you get lucky you may get a few years out of her.

WM

·
Registered
169 Posts
I bought a a 2007 Executive with 92,000 miles for 1000.00. Perhaps you can negotiate a better price. I'm not afraid of the mileage as I know it was well maintained. I'm leaving in the morning for a 1000 mile moto camping trip in the Texas Hill Country riding the 3 Twisted Sisters.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Consider the price is in Canada and usually at least 30% higher here than in the states.

Don't buy it or not by it, based on what a group of strangers think. Someone always has a story about a better deal they got.

If you like the bike and it fits your budget than you should go for it. Will it be safeties? I would want that.

Once you buy, forget about the price and then enjoy.

Blakers

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
If the price is right and it runs good buy a Polish adapter, throw it in and ride on.

·
Registered
230 Posts
We had one here in Australia with 120000km ad said it runs excellent and it sold on ebay for $1300
a 2003 just sold here on ebay for $1350 but the transmission was shot.
The add did not say that but i rang up and found out about the bike as it was advertised with no reserve when it first came on the net
I told him (it was a motorcycle dealer in Sydney ) that his add said nothing about the transmission but he never changed it so there will be one very unhappy customer

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
If the bike has good plastics from front to rear , new tires , new battery a nice seat , fresh fluids etc etc , I would risk maybe $1,500 to $1,800 on it . And that's if it were close by , in other words a few miles away . At $1,500 you're in a pretty much can't lose situation .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
This 2003 now in 12 year of operation, have to be in very good general condition with recent battery, tires, brakes, air filter, proof of valve adjustment, written maintenance log, would not spend more than $1200.00 - $1500.00 max., if it not go 2 years more riding, you can sell for parts and get back some your money.

·
Registered
144 Posts
My 2012 650 Burgman with 72,116 miles is being serviced at Suzuki of Winston-Salem, N.C. New spark plugs that replaced the original ones, anti-freeze and brake fluid change first time. Valves were checked. Did not need to be adjusted. Rear wheel is being replaced under my Extended Warranty. After reading the comments about some of the Suzuki Dealers. We are real fortunate to have this dealer here in the central section of North Carolina. They are up to speed with Burgman service procedures and I feel they show as much respect for scooter riders as they do their other customers. Curious to know what the value of this Burgman?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Do I read correctly? 2012 and 72116 miles? That is 100 miles a day for 2 years straight ?!/

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Unfortunately, our dear steads of choice don't hold their value on the open market. Too many inexperienced riders buy these bikes, put a few k on it and then store away for a few years, just waiting for real riders to snatch them up at deep discounts.

Given the upgrades to '13 model and 72k on the clock, I doubt you'd get 3k for it. But that's just me.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I just think of it as being worth a LOT more to me as a working machine than as any amount of money I'm likely to get from a sale. As a result, I have several hangar queens because I simply ride them until I no longer have confidence in their ability to get me to work every day. But I keep the fluids fresh and none of the queens has fewer than 100k miles - and I suspect I'll get the same from my '07 650.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts