1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
46 Posts
Be sure that price includes sales tax. Most dealers that sell on eBay don't include tax in the price because every state has a different tax rate. Plus, if he sells to anyone out of state, he doesn't collect the sales tax. The tax in NV would be almost another $500 on top of his OTD price.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the add seller says he charges no sales tax unless you are Ohio resident. How or when does your individual state sales tax kick in? If he says no sales tax can the state you live in still hit ya for it?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Guy claims he's the largest volume Suzuki dealer in the US. Wow. How did that happen, in Bellaire, OH?

Whatever happened to California Suzuki dealers?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Chief_O. said:
In the add seller says he charges no sales tax unless you are Ohio resident. How or when does your individual state sales tax kick in? If he says no sales tax can the state you live in still hit ya for it?
Then $6387 isn't really an OTD price. When you register it, your DMV will charge you the proper sales tax.

·
Registered
308 Posts
i8acobra said:
Chief_O. said:
Then $6387 isn't really an OTD price. When you register it, your DMV will charge you the proper sales tax.
The dealer cant do anything about taxes. They are not part of his 'negotiable price package'. IT is an OTD price if he can deliver without adding those last minute charges...assy, doc, prep.

And, sice it is going Out the Door, and the tax is being applied when you are out the door, it is OUT THE DOOR. You cant negotiate taxes.

Dummies. And that is a good price. I am a real shoe squeezer.. and I got 6650.00

·
Registered
46 Posts
abm said:
The dealer cant do anything about taxes. They are not part of his 'negotiable price package'. IT is an OTD price if he can deliver without adding those last minute charges...assy, doc, prep.

And, sice it is going Out the Door, and the tax is being applied when you are out the door, it is OUT THE DOOR. You cant negotiate taxes.

Dummies. And that is a good price. I am a real shoe squeezer.. and I got 6650.00
"OTD" is a term used by dealers (I used to be one) with a specific meaning. "OTD" means including all taxes and fees. It does not mean the "negotiable price package". If the dealer can't quote you a tax amount because you're out of state and not paying him the tax, you must calculate the tax amount on your own. "OTD" is what you MUST pay to purchase the bike. Registration isn't included because you don't have to register it to own it. Insurance isn't included because to don't have to insure it to own it. However, you MUST pay the sales tax to own it. Even if you never register it, never ride it and just stare at it sitting in the garage..... If you don't pay the sales tax, the state will take the tax from you or toss your butt in jail. Not all terms used by dealers are to be taken literally. The fact that you were able to push the bike "out the door" doesn't make that the OTD price. When a dealer says they're "rolling" a bike, it doesn't mean they're actually rolling the bike over in the parking lot. It means they delivering it. Not everything is to be taken literally.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts