Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
riding into work today, the speedo worked. at some point during the ride home, the needle was on the pin. i looked at the pickup assembly at the front wheel, but nothing looked out of place.

any suggestions on what to check next?

thx in advance!

·
Premium Member
14,226 Posts
Pull the front wheel off and take the pickup off the axle shaft. Gently pry the seal out of it so you don't bend it and then remove the rotor. You will probably find the rotor has broken. You can get a new one or just do like most of us have done and glue the old one back together. Mine broke at about 7,000 miles. I glued it back together with 5 minute clear epoxy. It's still going strong with 35,000+ miles on the bike. When you put it back in put a good coating of wheel bearing grease on it. The reason they break is the grease in them dries out . I take mine off at ever other oil change and regrease it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buffalo, you hit the nail on the head. a bit of jbweld, and I'll be back on the road. Funny, cause I'm comming up on 7k, too...

thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
14,226 Posts
It's a common problem on the 2003 to 2006 400 so the fix was worked out long ago. I benefited from folks before me that had faced it. I passed it on to you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts