Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I searched and found threads about replacing the seat strut, which I want to do, but none of you mention explicitly how to access the lower strut bolt. Is this a major pain in the butt to do yourself? :confused:

I spoke to a dealer and they said they'd do it in about half an hour for $66 of labour. It's probably reasonable, but add cost of strut itself and the whole issue is getting a little expensive.

From what I have found in a very basic pdf manual, removal of the right side cover is required to get at that lower bolt. I can't really even see where to begin - all the bolts seem hidden, and I'm dreading dozens of fiddly and easily broken little clips. I do have tools and some aptitude, a garage to work in, but not sure I have it in me to perform major 'plastic surgery' that takes me over an hour right now. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just found a YouTube video on removing the 2 rear covers first, followed by the grab rail, then the side cover. Doesn't look too terrible of a job, I guess.

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
Removing the right cover is not that big a deal. The left one is worse because of the fuel door.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts