Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can owners of the new 200 give some feedback about how they like it so far and how they are using it? And how many miles so far?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Love it (wife as well as me). Breaking it in so far, about 250 miles. Riding the local streets. 80+ mpg. Stops great and corners well. Very satisfied with all aspects of the scooter, except a bit more HP for acceleration would be appreciated. We would buy it again and do recommend it to friends that want a city/country road scooter.

·
Registered
75 Posts
If I may hijack a bit. Considering the 200, but have two questions...

Does the display show the ambient temperature?
Is there a way to access the owners manual online?

TIA

Marty in Kerrville

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Videos show a bit of a cramp riding position. Maybe owners can provide feedback on this and their size!

·
Registered
45 Posts
5' 8.5" here with a 30" inseam, 36" sleeve length & 180 pounds. I ride legs forward and am not happy with the butt rest. Its just a tad too close for me. My Motoport gear set has a thick coccyx protection pad in the pants which adds to the problem but I'm not going to eliminate the protection.

The seat position is "okay" as is but I'd prefer another 1.5-2" inches back on the butt rest for ultimate fit and longer ride comfort. Controls are comfortably within reach for my arm length and I can easily still reach them with another 2" of set-back as described below.

I'm going to see if I can have the seat reworked without getting a new seat pan made ($$$$). I'm awaiting my Service Manual from Suzuki before making any changes.

It looks like the seat pan has a section encompassing the butt rest area which comes apart without messing with the entire seat. Not sure yet but that could make modifications much easier and (hopefully) less expensive.

The seat pan is plastic and may be easily modifiable with a Dremel cutter. I'd like to eliminate the slopped angle and convert it into a a 90 degree mini-backrest configuration while keeping the tapered semi-circle arc.

Talked with an upholstery shop and they said the mini-backrest idea is perfectly doable. They'd use a super high density rigid foam for the vertical portion of the "backrest" and retain the "sit-on" foam density of the original seat.

Otherwise its a very comfortable seat (based on a scant 100 miles to date. I pray for dry days above 30 degrees so I can get the break-in over with and really checkout the 200's performance :).

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'm 5'5: w/ w 29" inseam, and when I sat on the 200, it fits me PERFECTLY-ergo wise. Bar height, wrist angle, leg room, knee to handlebar height....all PERFECT for me. The xtra low seat height is just icing on the cake for someone as short as me.

Then I sat on the Forza 300 next to it. Not as natural feeling like the 200. Wrist angle too far forward, knee to handlebar height, too far forward. Too wide a stance when propping the bike up. My B400 has better ergonomics than the Forza. Ditto for the 650.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm 5ft 7"
My wife is 5ft 4"

The UH200 is just fine for us, but that may be about the range of heights for good seating.

Merry Christmas

·
Registered
4 Posts
Suzuki does not put manuals online.
They will sell you one however - https://www.genuinesuzukimanuals.com/

By ambient temperature I assume you mean the air and not the engine - no it does not and very few if any motorcycles do. However you could easily add an aftermarket one.
If you do a careful search you can locate the Service Manual (SM) for an older suki online. There are several SM and Owner's at UK and Canada sites. I found a series of manuals for the Burgman 400. Just takes determination and patience.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
If you do a careful search you can locate the Service Manual (SM) for an older suki online. There are several SM and Owner's at UK and Canada sites. I found a series of manuals for the Burgman 400. Just takes determination and patience.
Yes, but not put up by Suzuki. Some manufactures put the owner's manuals up to view and some even put service manuals{that is rare though}. The 200 is still new and nothing yet, I just looked.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am 5'7" 220Ibs with a 30 inch inseam. Short a chubby and the 200 is a perfect angle for my legs and bar height. I also rather have a mini backrest instead of a hump in the seat. I might get this done if I can find a competent upholstery shop. I have gone 80+ mph even though I am a heavier guy. My wife is about 90 ibs soak and wet and I can go 60-70 easy with her on the back (never tried to go faster). I wouldn't want to do a ton of miles on a highway or a trip across country, but around town or going to the next town its perfect. I'm happy so far, but will prob be upgrading to a 400 or 650 in a few years so we can go on more day trips across state. Im loving mine so far...

·
Registered
45 Posts
/\ Yep - I've found the 200 is about perfect for general around town utility and back roads, yet capable on Interstates when necessary for short jaunts. Downsized from a SilverWing, I miss the power but 95% of my riding is in the boonies at speeds sub 50 MPH - the 200 is a really pleasant and comfortable ride in those environments.

The seat hump for me is a pain - fixing it is a work in progress - but otherwise its a fine scooter IMO.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Almost 600 miles on my 200. LOVE IT! It goes as fast as I need it to go (30-70mph) with no problems. It's starting to be a smoother feeling ride as it breaks in. My wife and I (Total of 320 Ibs, she is small) rode about 60 miles the other day at an average speed of 50mph. We got an average of 73MPG on that trip. My wife loves that she can still talk to me. when stopped, unlike my old motorcycle. It's a smooth ride around the twisties. If the majority of your rides are city streets, backroads, 40- 50 mph roads, you wont need any more power. If most of my riding was on interstates, I would want the 400 or 650. I have no complaints. I just bought the service manual about to do the 600 mile service on my own.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sounds Like A Great Fit!

I'm 5'5: w/ w 29" inseam, and when I sat on the 200, it fits me PERFECTLY-ergo wise. Bar height, wrist angle, leg room, knee to handlebar height....all PERFECT for me. The xtra low seat height is just icing on the cake for someone as short as me.

Then I sat on the Forza 300 next to it. Not as natural feeling like the 200. Wrist angle too far forward, knee to handlebar height, too far forward. Too wide a stance when propping the bike up. My B400 has better ergonomics than the Forza. Ditto for the 650.
Thanks for this post, helped with my decision greatly.
I am 5'6"w 29" inseam as well.;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a 2015 UH200 model (the difference with 2014 is that the eyelids are being painted, not just black - so I have the eyelids painted white, which is nicer for my eyes).
2 weeks old
almost 400 miles (+/- almost 600 km on) - we have metric measurement here

To my surprise it is quite economical in fuel consumption.
Mine can do 30 kpl city (70 mpg) and 38 kpl highway (90 mpg)!
It was a BIG surprise I could not believe it.
It could even do 40 kpl (94 mpg) for the first 7 km (5 miles) of highway ride before I came across an intersection.
But once I hit 100 kph (60 mph) and up, the FC got worsen.

So far I very much like it, except for the windshield which is a bit short for me.
I am a little taller than average Indonesian at 5'11", while friends of mine who are at 5'6" - 5'9" will have not much of problems with strong winds straight to their face.

So finally for the moment I take the windscreen off while looking for solutions.
Givi distributor in my country does not sell the 3106DT tall windscreen for B200.

But, I like it so far.
I thought that it could not do much for city ride for its size and weight, but I find it comfortable for a little bit of stop and go in traffic.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts