Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

20,000th post

3K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  seatec 
#1 ·
If my timing goes right this post should celebrate the 20,000th post. Definetely a milestone for this forum....Thank you all!!!!!!!! :wav:
:eek:ccasion6:

#4 ·
Re: Congratulations to all of us!

NYBubba said:
You have to figure that if the forum has hit 20,000 posts then how many people have actually visited the site, and quietly gleamed helpful info. Talk about a public service; Way to go! :D
Since Jan 1 2004. This site has had the following:

Unique visitors: 36,261
Number of hits (clicks) on web site: 12,308,668
Bandwidth used: 97.44 GB

AMAZING! :D

#5 ·
I assume that "unique visitors" is determined via unique IP address? If so, it is somewhat skewed by folks who have more than one PC at their disposal (home, work, etc). But it is still a HUGE number. Many times higher than the number of people who have joined and participate in the forums. I wish we could get a few more of them to join in and share their own views and experiences.

#6 ·
The unique visitor is skewed. AOL users get a new IP address everytime they log on. Thus logging another unique user.

#7 ·
Almost all dialup users get a new IP address from a pool of IPs each time they log on. Cablemodem and DSL can also use dynamic IP addresses.

#8 ·
Yeah not bad when you count up the deleted posts too! :wink: :)
seatec said:
How did you beat Norman to it :shock: Wayne
I did not miss it by the way, I am just being more economical with my posts- I sensed I was beginning to develop a reputation here. :wink:

#9 ·
I looked back into last years logs and we had 733,148 from Aug 03-dec 03. Add that to this years current total. ( I just check the current years total.)

The result: 13,156,656 clicks on the web site since its creation.

Thats a whole bunch of finger clicking. :lol:

#10 ·
It took 10 months for the first 10k posts, 3 months for the 2nd 10k posts, shall we shoot for 1 month for the next 10k? :)

#19 ·
allwalk said:
When I logged on this morning we were at 25044 posts. Congrats!
WOW!!!! Way to go everyone. I have to say, this is the best **** forum on the web!!!! Congrats!!!!!!

#20 ·
My compliments to Bryan for running a great Burg site--our moderators for their guidance, leadership, witty input, and "far out" avatars (Did I just show my age?)---and to Norman, whose wit and wisdom is only outdone by his great photo instruction manuals. Thanks for all the knowledge guys, and to all the members who make this so fabulous!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.