Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. This is what I want when I acquire cash flow.

1. I will paint the bike burgundy/maroon.
2. I will have the chrome garnish and leave the black panels black. (so the bike will be black, chrome and maroon)
3. I will have it all decked out in Givi cases.
4. I also want the white speedometer/tachometer face panels like the 400 Type S.

Ah dreams.......................Anybody else?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Since Sylvia, the Silver Suzuki 650 Scooter came with saddle cases & a top case (all Givi) when I got her, & I installed a tinted Clearview XXL tonight, I have very little left to add, save for the GW vent.

I just got the lighted license plate frame, 20 LED third brake light strip, & lighted license plate bolts from JC Whitney today. I'll install them when my hip gets better (I took a fall earlier today, over the dog, not the bike).

I do, however, have a hankerin' to paint the silver panels in a candy apple laquer finish, I haven't decided whether it will be red or green, though. I'm leaning toward green as it would be more unique. I have tossed around the idea of a bright yellow-gold candy apple, as well, but I think that may be a bit over the top.

·
Registered
832 Posts
When I paint mine it will be bright pumkin or the salmon color I see on some experimental cars at shows.Where did the light strip come from please as I'm working on that ida now,thx

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Wyldman said:
Since Sylvia, the Silver Suzuki 650 Scooter came with saddle cases & a top case (all Givi) when I got her, & I installed a tinted Clearview XXL tonight, I have very little left to add, save for the GW vent.

I just got the lighted license plate frame, 20 LED third brake light strip, & lighted license plate bolts from JC Whitney today. I'll install them when my hip gets better (I took a fall earlier today, over the dog, not the bike).

I do, however, have a hankerin' to paint the silver panels in a candy apple laquer finish, I haven't decided whether it will be red or green, though. I'm leaning toward green as it would be more unique. I have tossed around the idea of a bright yellow-gold candy apple, as well, but I think that may be a bit over the top.
It wasn't very expensive, I'm planning on using it as a third brake light on my Givi top case. http://www.jcwhitney.com

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How was installation on that?
I was looking into those the other day.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I haven't installed it yet. I plan on surface mounting the strip on the Givi topcase, drilling a small hole to insert the wiring under it (of course not in that order) & running the wires through the top case & down to the brakelight harness.

I also have a light up license plate frame & bolts to wire into the system as well. I intend to hook the frame into the brake circuit, & the bolts into the running lights. These are all low power LEDs so I doubt I'll have need of a relay. I'm also thinking about spotting some other LEDs on the sides & back to tie into the running lights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts