Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been looking everyday twice or more a day for a scooter. Either burgman 400 za abs or maxsym 600
People are delusional with asking prices as if theyre some limited edition rolls. High mileage and neglected without maintenance history because it costs a lot and I also meeting up to see some they lie through their teeth. Everyday the same scoots bumped. No one will buy. For the price of the scoot and maintenance costs you can have a motorcycle

I am tired of riding the buses and my pos ebike. I feel i lost my sanity
I bought a scooter for peanuts so i can get to work and back in a timely manner and do errands that doesnt take 4 hours. Yes 4 hours and an hour with a scootee
Its a sym Hd200. It has rhe joyride 200cc motor. I payed very little. It runs fine for now. Its a temp scooter.

Im not paying those prices. Id like to build my burgman. I see it in the parking spot and i yearn to ride it. Give it a new lease on life.

Parts-
-A used head (complete) with low miles would be good. Buying all the parts for a head is too much
-camshafts look very good.
-new chain and tensioner
-i will send the cyclinder for assessment and bore check
-new oem piston and rings should help to make it Fit snug. Garage said piston was fine on mine. Will replace it though. I realize head has nikisil coating so no grinding on it. Maybe a light cleaning by hand with some sandpaper
-full gasket set
-will get an stva healer. Screw suzuki w/ their stva unit
-not sure if i need to rebuild lower part/bearings in crnakshaft. Well see what the mechnic says. Of yes then piston arm. As well will be replaced.
-will rethread oil draining hole
-Replace some variator parts front pulleys.
-will ask mechanic to asses magneto side to see if previous sc*mbag mechnic really opemed and replaced ckp before we go to court (old instance before negine died)
-get some carbon fiber vinyl and redo the seat left body some. Fixing here and there left skirt needs fixing from being in an accident. Very strong those burgman plastics are. They are less brittle like those chinese ones and have more give in them

I have the money to buy a 2nd hand scooter but no way will I pay those prices. So will fix mine up. And down the line in winter when no one rides, Ill look again. Thats my plan for now. Will order parts from the usa.

If im missing anything in the list above kindly add your opinion. Cheers. Have a great weekend

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
Congrats on the new scoot Bub, look for wrecked B400s now. Who know’s you maybe able to find a pair of em an become a King of B400 used parts.

The big thing is your off the bus and free to go find em.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will never buy an engine again from a pulled bike UNLESS its still in the bike and I can verify the mileage on the dash. Previous experience with garages and looking for a used scoot and talking to many people and seeing how people lie and deceit, it just confirms even more to me I have no trust in anyone to be transparent and honest . I bought an engine from a wreck previously The engine didn't last a year.

For me best bet is to rebuild. Ill get all oem parts and I found a mechanic who has a business /garage in the back of his house who will let me see when he puts it together. I dont trust anyone to not swap out parts. I want to see all my parts go inside. Sorry not sorry.

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
I meant for you to buy wrecked B400s that you would pull the engines from.

Your passion for the Burgman is admirable and I am saying prayers that someday you will be the proud owner of a reputable scooter shop.

Keep Up The Good Fight Brother !

Reactions: s-steel

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks man
I understood you meants from wrecks. I called different places. They only have the motor already pulled from the body so no way to confirm reall mileage.

Will start making a list for parts. Will do a few packages.
Ypu have a great positive outcome of life. If i had 10% id be in a better place

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
I always root for Under-Dog !

Reactions: s-steel

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow under dog. Man i loved the 80s and saturday morning cartoons. We woke up at 7 to watch.

·
Administrator
18,387 Posts
Wally Cox was the voice of Under Dog. ;)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I loved all those shows on saturday. spiderman and friends. might mouse. thundar the barbarian. forgot the name. muttley and whomever. that funny snicker he had and those wacky races. bullwinkle (I think same company that does underdog. looks same design/graphics). dungeons and dragons. the episode when they faught tiamat and they amped powers, that was really nice. the beginning of erol otus/dd era. that was when I learned to use my imagination to interpret what I was reading. good times those 80s. I miss living in the bronx in the 70/80s. arcades. and seeing star wars in the movie theaters good times. bronx pizza

1 - 10 of 10 Posts