Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I just returned from taking a long ride with the bitter, oops, I mean better, half. We did some highway driving up to 75 mph and a lot of city riding too. stayed out about an hour.
The Pirelli tire definately feels different. My initial impression is that it seems to make the bike more nimble, light on its feet. As I've seen mentioned about the Pirelli GTS, it did seem to smooth out the ride a bit. It cornered quite nicely and felt strangely smooth when leaned over. I still have the original Bridgestone on the front, I plan to get the front tire in a week or two.
My wife says she can definately tell a difference in the way it seems to ride smoother, said she didn't feel the bumps as bad. It's still a little early to give a detailed review but so far I say this tire is a winner.
Oh and by the way, it only took 2 days to get!!!! Yes Parts Unlimited (the distibutor ) has them in stock. Mine was shipped from Texas. The price was $62
Those of you who have been trying to get tires should order one now. :thumbright:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I got a Pirelli 160/60-14 here, from Arizona Motorsports. Arrived quickly and cost about $45 with shipping. I ordered a front too, but they were out of stock and not sure when new would arrive.

I'm running the Pirelli rear and stock Bridgestone front, which seems to be OK, but frankly, the Bridgestone rear that was on the bike when I bought it was more squared-off than any tire I've ever seen, so any new tire probably would have been an improvement.

Note that the 14" tire is very very hard to put on -- I ended up at the local Cycle Gear when tire irons, soap, and cursing failed to work. They had a nice automated mounting rig, but the operator had some trouble too.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
spacewrench said:
--snip --frankly, the Bridgestone rear that was on the bike when I bought it was more squared-off than any tire I've ever seen. --snip--
Yep. My Bridgestone rear squared off, and my front wore down pretty ugly too (lots of tread chop). That is a major advantage of the Pirelli GTS tires. They wear out gracefully. The scooter handling is not affected at all as the tires near the end of their useful life. I've got to replace the front before I leave for Scootercade. It is getting down close to the wear bars. But the tread surface is still fine, and it still handles completely normal. Hopefully the Diablo line will wear as well. My current rear Pirelli is about 50% used up, but it should be fine for the trip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts