Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all. I lurk here a bit, but don't post much, as I currently ride an '02 SWing, which has been a great machine from which I got bitten by the scootbug.

I'm considering something a bit smaller and newer, with fewer miles, so I have my eye on an '06 B400 with about 3500 miles on it. I know there were some significant changes with the B400 in '07. I wonder if anyone here would be willing to sort of summarize the major differences between the 1st and 2nd Gen B400s. Also, would like to know if there is anything in particular with the 1st gen machines that is so egregious that I really shouldn't consider one. For reference, I can do basic maintenance, but I am generally not a highly skilled mech...one of the reasons I'm looking at the B400 is that there is a lot of info out there which suggests it's relatively easy to service...

Your thoughts? Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
The Gen 1 400 is 385cc and has a single disk up front. Brakes are linked. I think the frame is different from the Gen 2. The tupperware is not interchangable between the two. Headlights are different. The Gen 2 is 400cc.
I ride a '05 and I have had no problems with it. The '06 is pretty much the same bike, unless it is a "S" model. The "S" has a short windshield and no back rest for the pillion. The 07 and up also do not have the pillion backrest as standard equipment.
Underseat space is comprable on both. Good luck with your selection!
Ride safe.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank you for the info...that answers my question...'06 is OK...

Sirkitrider, I'm in northern California. When it's time, I'll probably sell the SWing, which has been an absolutely stone cold reliable machine. I'm not there yet, though...still thinking about this...

Here's the SWing:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
07 also got efi and the valves don't have to be adjusted as often. If you opt for gen 2, get an 08 or later. Suzuki sorted out a few thinks after the first year.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
400's from '03 thru '06 are also fuel injected! My mileage runs 60 to 65 mpg. I like to twist the throttle.:D

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have a 2006 and I love it. I have looked at the new ones and I love them too, but doubt that I would trade. I don't see enough differences to warrant considering it, though it is beautiful. I love the way mine handles, how it looks, the upgraded windshield, and the fact that it came with a backrest, which really helps not only when I carry a passenger but also anything else that has to be tied on instead of stored. On top of that, the price of a used one is half that of a new one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts