Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had the 1st dyno done with everything factory, it has 40 horsepower and 32 foot pounds of torque. Installing the BMC air filter and the Yoshimura R-77 exhaust tonight and taking it back for the 2nd graph tomorrow. Then comes the Healtech tuner pro and custom tuning and a 3rd graph. When it is all done I will post all 3 graphs and the custom map incase anyone is interested.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Very interesting.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Yoshimura R-77 exhaust, Great Choice you will get alot of Power from that Baby!! are you planing to run it FULL with or with out the DB Killer!!

Elliott,

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Just got it installed and it sounds good, nice deep tone. I installed it without the baffle for now, after all the tuning is complete and he makes the last dyno pull I think I will install the baffle just 1 screw and have him do another pull to see how much it changes the tuning and the power. The more info the better. By the way Elliot thanks for your input and helpful info

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
No Problem, Had my Yoshimura for 3 years now i think it's time for a repack According to the Book it has to be done, Repack $30

baffle installed was to loud with out it, wakes the dogs up. Sets off car alarms..
But just throttle it Low when you leave the house and Whisper quiet...

·
Registered
585 Posts
Does anyone have a link or list that has other slip on exhausts that fit the 650? I'd surely appreciate it. Looking to put something on my 650 for a bit more sound. I kind of miss the Harley - other than the back pain it caused getting on and off anyway. I like the look of the Yoshimura but I'd like to see what else is available. I like choices.

Thanks.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2nd dyno

Just had the second dyno done with BMC air filter and R-77 exhaust with no baffle "db killer". The gain in horsepower was 2 3/4 and the gain in torque was 1 1/2 foot pounds. I will be putting in the "db killer" because it is extremely loud. I will be posting a couple of videos comparing the GPR power cone to the Yoshimura R-77 with and without the "db killers"

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just curious does your job give you access to the dyno or do you have to buy time. Are you able to make the dyno runs youself? Mark

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Normally $85 for a 3 pull graph, he cut me a break $65. that's $130 for the 2 graphs so far. It is $185 a hour for custom tuning, he said it will take about 1 1/2 hours with the lean and rich spikes in the factory settings, but he is only charging me for an hour. When the final tuning is done he is going to run me 2 more graphs for free changing the second speedo healer for the cvt from low rpms for long trips to high rpms for showing off. Don't like throwing money out the window but I was really curious and thought the information might be helpful to us all. Jay

·
Registered
735 Posts
I have a theory that the 650 is de-tuned (spark timing retarded) so that its 11.2:1 (high) compression-ratio engine can run on 87-octane gas. It would be very interesting to play with the spark timing with premium gas in the system to see how many HP are going to waste.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree but the tuner pro does fuel adjustment and throttle position only. I I get a bunch of overtime next month I might buy a dynojet and put it inplace of the tuner pro since it has adjustments for timing and have the same guy do the tuning on the dyno to see what difference there is. We got the videos done comparing the GPR power cone exhaust to the Yoshimura R-77 but my friend is having some software issues, something about needing nero 9 or something so it might be a couple of days before I get it posted. Sorry guys and gals.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Jay
To bad you didn't make a couple of 1/4 miles runs with it stock & then with it modified. Like to see what real world differences it makes. Maybe you could have a 650 in the 14 second range I think that would be a first. ;)
As you maybe can tell I'm big into NHRA drag races. Little under a month & I'll be at the Winter Nationals in Pomona. I'd love to see a bike break the 200 MPH mark. Even be better if a Suzuki was the first & not a HD or Buell.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
your right mike, I wanted to make some runs but there is no place around here close that is open because it's so cold. But when it's all done this spring when they open I will make a couple of runs, and maybe I can find somebody around close with the same year all stock and we can compare.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts