Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed yesterday.
What a difference. At first, I was disappointed because the RPMs seem higher at low speeds.
BUT on the highway, RPM drop about 10% = effortless crusing. Can't wait for next trip.

I hit 90 mph on Interstate 80 last night and didn't even feel it.

So I would recommend them.

Although their blurb sez, "Explosive acceleration" which is poetic license methinks. :D It's only 36 HP for crying out loud...

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I've got 18g ones in and like you wasn't sure at first, its quite strange that
you can be doing say 55mph at 6000 rpm then after accelerating to 70 the
revs will settle back again to 6000 but your doing 15mph more it's also interesting
watching how the revs react to changes in power.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Ralph M said:
I've got 18g ones in and like you wasn't sure at first, its quite strange that
you can be doing say 55mph at 6000 rpm then after accelerating to 70 the
revs will settle back again to 6000 but your doing 15mph more it's also interesting
watching how the revs react to changes in power.
Yeah I have a hard time explaining this to people that ask about my sliders. I always get the impression about half the people think I am lieing/exaggerating. But I really like the 18GR....unfortunately I know want to try the 19GR. I almost wish I knew someone local I could trade with for awhile LoL.

Oh and could you give me an idea if you think your MPG gets better or worse? I lost about 5mpg.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
MPG seems about the same , a little worse round town but better on longer runs
I think I gained about 2 or 3 mpg but I ride mostly in the country side.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Ralph M said:
MPG seems about the same , a little worse round town but better on longer runs
I think I gained about 2 or 3 mpg but I ride mostly in the country side.
This is the same as my experience with 18g sliders, a solid 60 mpg in combined driving, 65 mpg or a bit better at highway speeds. The good part about the higher revs starting out and at lower speed acceleration is of course that at 6k rpm the engine is operating close to, if not at, it's HP and torque peaks. This and the CVT and torque multiplier will combine to get the most power/torque to the rear wheel = the best possible acceleration.

Lighter then 18g sliders would exaggerate this effect, as the engine would rev higher before the torque multiplier backed off. Heavier then 18g would reduce it allowing the t/m to back off sooner...

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
I can give you references for 32 and 34 hp.

Chris

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
:lol: What do they know? :lol:

It goes fast enough to get to killing speed.

Chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts